News & Events
4 Video Marketing Strategies Every Marketer Should Know
- November 16, 2016
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Digital marketing components
“If a picture is worth a thousand words videos of course are worth at least a billion words for sure!”
Videos have entertained masses for decades since the time television was invented however there was still a limitation to it that you could only watch you what wanted at a given time decided by the broadcasters. But the advent of internet has changed the game completely and that instead of broadcasters now you can have command over what you want to watch when. And! So! Videos happen to be a very powerful medium for advertising even in the internet marketing and not just the conventional marketing. Now when marketers have such a nice weapon gifted by digital marketing for no cost they must be very far-sighted at using it wisely.
In this article we will talk about 5 video strategies every marketer should know however before that let’s have a quick glance at a few very important facts & figures related to Videos:
Current Video Marketing Stats at a Glance:
- Social Video generates 1200% more shares than text & images combined – Brightcove
- Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search than non-users – Aberdeen
- 62% of consumers are more likely to have a negative perception of a brand that published a poor quality video – Brightcove
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more while home page videos increase conversions by 20% or more – Visually
- Businesses using video grow company revenue 49% faster year-over-year than organizations without video
- Native video uploads to Facebook have 10 times higher reach compared to shared YouTube links – SocialBakers
- 70% of marketers claim video produces more conversions than any other content – Vidyard
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines – Brightcove
- 8% is the average conversion rate for websites using video compared to 2.9% for those who don’t – Abardeen
- YouTube is 11.3 times bigger than Facebook in terms of hours viewed, both on the web, and in-app – Venturebeat
- 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device – Twitter
- 74% of millennial find video helpful when comparison shopping while 60% positively prefer to watch a video over reading a newsletter – Animoto
- 40% of consumers state that video increases the chance they’ll purchase a product on their mobile device – Adobe
- Mobile makes up more than half of global watch time on YouTube and the number of hours people spent watching YouTube videos on mobile is up to 100% year-over- year – YouTube
- “How to” searches on YouTube are up 70% year-over-year –Google
- 4 times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it – eMarketers
So, these were the numbers that prove how crucial videos are for our marketing still most of us approach video marketing just like love should be – with a reckless abandon. But what works for love doesn’t for videos!! Sorry! 😀
Video marketing needs a dedicated strategy to be followed and implemented. Here are the 5 most crucial of ‘em every marketer should follow.
- Uploading video on video hosting sites doesn’t mean job done:
Upload your videos on social media outlets and also your websites. Share ’em on twitter as a recent report revealed that videos amplify the number of re-tweets by 28%. At the same time sharing videos on Facebook boosts its virality by 10 times than that of YouTube. Besides, don’t forget to upload your videos on your website it increases the chances of WebPages to be on the first page of Google results by 53 times.
- Email your videos to your blog or e- newletter subscribers
Share the link of your videos in the emails that you send to your blog/ e-newsletter subscribers adding in a brief description about it or better if you could embed it to your Gmail as it was found out in a recent study conducted by an email marketing firm GetResponse that emails with videos have 96.3% higher click rates.
- Do proper SEO of your videos
Video SEO is nothing but tactics performed to make your videos more searchable i.e. videos that are easy to find on search engines. There are a lot of strategies associated with video SEO that include creation of sitemaps & appealing thumbnails, the right title with impressive & crisp description and so on.
- Share your videos on review sites
Won’t say you can’t imagine how word of mouth works and so does the reviews as this is something proved long back even when may be the term marketing wasn’t prominent. Sharing your videos on review sites makes your prospective guests feel you as authentic & genuine and make them believe in you. Trust me! It does! Try it yourself if you can’t take my words on it!
People can be inquisitive but they don’t like to read anything and everything. They might of course love to watch a video with everything summed up and clear. This is what! Try have videos on as much page as you can than showing bulky content provided it not making the loading speed little too slow. Of course take care of the page loading speed as well, as a too slow loading can be very frustrating & annoying for the users.