News & Events
The growth of digital marketing career in India
- September 15, 2017
- Posted by: Aditi Khinda
- Category: Digital Marketing Careers
Digital Marketing is not a new term for those who have a passion for Internet. While surfing you come across many Youtube ads, funny memes, viral videos, emails stating products details, some amazingly written blogs, and websites showing informative videos and so on. Do you ever think who is creating them? Did you wish you could be the part of such a creative field? If yes, then digital marketing is definitely the right career choice for you.
In the internet world where there are more than 3.6 billion internet users and in India itself, you may come across more than 465 million internet users, Digital marketing is the foremost industry which is grooming, nourishing and creating its own charm. With increased internet usage over the last few years, the digital and social media landscape in India has witnessed a paradigm shift. About 87 per cent brands leverage digital and 38 per cent of them allocate a whopping 1/3rd of their budget to digital marketing. This only mirrors the fact that more and more businesses are embracing digital to attract, engage and transact with their customers and this is being aided by increasing investments in better internet connectivity and growth in the internet and social media usage.
I still feel there are many people who are not aware of the scope of digital marketing. So let me share with all my buddies who want to know why I am stressing for only digital marketing. What is Digital Marketing? What are the career options in the digital marketing?
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is the online form of marketing that helps marketers and businessmen to promote and advertise products and services with the help the Internet and digital devices. It is a set of marketing online tools and strategies. Digital Marketing is a universal skill which is open to all. You don’t need to have any topmost qualifications, numbers or degrees to learn this skill. Digital Marketing is a skill that hacks growth for the company and businesses.
Why Digital Marketing?
- The world is going Digital and by the year 2020, all the companies around the world including India will have an online presence and thus creating a lot of career opportunities.
- It is a progressive field. With technology developing every day, you have to continuously develop your digital marketing skills so that your career keeps growing.
- According to this research, the digital economy is growing 10 times faster than the traditional economy and firms that engage in online trading are twice as likely to be creating jobs as firms that aren’t.
- It provides you with various career options. If you love social media you can be a social media manager, you can go for web designing or if you are a born writer, go for content marketing and so on.
- You don’t have to spend sleepless nights mugging up the formulas that you are never going to use in your life.
- You can dress as you like so say bye bye to the boring formals.
What are the career options in the digital marketing?
The shift towards digitalization has led to the need of more than 18 lakhs digital marketing jobs in the coming three years. Here I have listed few digital marketing profiles to give you’re an overview about the same.
Digital Marketing Executive/Manager
Content Marketing Executive/Manager
Inbound Marketing Executive/Manager
Social Media Marketing Experts/Specialists
Search Engine Marketers
Conversion Rate Optimizer
Email Marketing Expert/Manager
As per the various research and analysis conducted, it has been found that the approximate salary range at various levels in the hierarchy is as follows:
From this, it is evident that the salary range starts from 1.5 lacs per annum and can reach up to 30.0 lacs per annum. Of course, there will be variations based on your skill set, experience, and other such factors. However, the sky is the limit for those who show their true potential!