There are now 4 categories of text overlay
- Image Text: OK: No text other than a company logo
- Image Text: Low: Some text with the image
- Image Text: Medium: Some text and company logo with the image
- Image Text: High: High volume of text
Image Text: OK: Ads will display just fine
Image Text: Low: Ads to have a restricted reach
Image Text: Medium: Ads to fewer people than optimal
Image Text: High: Ads unlikely to display at all
However!There are still a few exceptions of text that will not have effect on your ads such as:
- Movie Posters
- Book Covers
- Album Covers
- Product Images – in case an entire product can be seen and not just a zoomed in image of the product.
- Posters for concerts/music Festivals, Comedy Shows or Sporting Events
- Text-based Businesses Calligraphy, cartoon/comic strips, etc.
- App & game screenshots
- Legal text
The Limitations:You should keep the following to a minimum as they count as text:
Save all your text for the post itself and make sure your images have little or no text to stand out in both and have maximum reach on Facebook as the social outlet has already made it clear that they prefer images to have little or no text.