What is Inbound Marketing?Inbound marketing is marketing your businesses through various forms of content marketing that serve to bring your target audience closer to your brand. It could be anything – blogs, podcasts, video, eBooks, e-newsletters, whitepapers, SEO, social media marketing etc. So, to make it more comprehensible, inbound marketing in simple words is producing & sharing of high quality valuable content with your target audience through various channels. It’s all online now and that if your business doesn’t exist in the virtual world it doesn’t exist at all! And, the idea is inbound marketing tactics helps make your business easy to found on the internet, earn the attention of your target audiences, bring them to your web outlet-your website, move them smoothly throughout the conversion cycle towards sales.
How it works: The Inbound marketing Process!Like we discussed earlier inbound marketing not just helps you convert anonymous consumers into your customers but even your brand advocators. It involves 6 steps that are:
- Attract – attracting the right customer or potential customer who have buying intent to your website through various means or tactics that include blogging, social media, search engine optimization and so on
- Exchange – exchanging an offer that may be some valuable and educational content such as an eBook, a tip-sheet or whitepapers with the potential customer visiting your site in return for the information that they provide such as their email address, phone number etc.
- Nurture – nurturing your relationship with the potential customer through various methods that include email marketing, calling etc.
- Convert – converting potential leads to customer
- Measure – measuring what parts your effort or marketing campaigns are giving results and optimizing your marketing for that part.
- Retaining – Retaining your customers by various marketing tactics and get repeat business and new customers through word of mouth marketing.