What do we mean by a responsive website?A responsive website is a website compatible for multiple screens and changes its appearance & layout according to the size of the screen it is displayed on. All of us know how daunting it can be to read the information on smaller screen and that if the content on any web page is not optimized for the screen size it is being displayed on we might rather we leave the site in next few instants. This is why the idea of creating a responsive website was introduced in order to make it easier for everyone to read the content that’s there on the web page even if it is opened on a smaller screen.
Why having responsive website has become so crucial these days?Of course! If you can’t read the content on the smaller screen you will bounce back from the web page could be one of the significant reasons behind the importance of a having a website. However, this is not just the one reason and that if you look at the facts & stats related to the online world you will realize that how mobile marketing is gaining grounds at a very faster pace and so is a responsive website. Let me walk you through some of the top most stats & facts related to the mobile usage worldwide.
Mobile Facts & Stats:
- 8 billion People globally will use mobile phones in 2016. (Forrester Research)
- 75% of Internet users went online via a mobile device at the end of 2015. In 2016, mobile devices aren’t only the most popular or commonly owned device, but also they’re starting to overtake all other devices in terms of time spent online. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 85% of India’s digital population accesses the Internet via mobile, an increase of 30 percent since 2Q2012. During this period, Internet access via PCs/laptops remained stable. (GlobalWebIndex)
- Average mobile time doubled to 3 hour per day in 3Q2015 from 1.5 hours per day in 2Q201. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 40% of mobile web users share their handset with someone else. This trend differs from any other market (GlobalWebIndex)
- 11% of India’s Internet users live in rural areas yet represents 70% of India’s population. (GlobalWebIndex)
- No brand dominates the Indian mobile market. Samsung (40%) has the largest market share. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 46% improvement in unaided brand awareness through mobile search. (Google)
- 51% of people find new companies via mobile search. (Google)
What may happen?Don’t you think zooming in and zooming out things all the time while reading content on the mobile can be real frustrating and the cup of tea of a few countable exceptionally patients human beings . But that is the only option for your consumers if you don’t have a responsive website. And as a result the visitor will leave your website and will turn towards your competitors who have a mobile compatible website
So!Get a responsive website before you are too late to meet the competition forget about beating it! Optimize your website for multiple screens before your competitors outsmart you such that even getting up and giving a shot becomes a dream for you! And why not! If all these does not requires you to make big investment and that upgrading your existing website would also do the trick.
“You make shopping easier for consumers and they will make marketing easier for you!” 🙂