SEO is a sensitive topic. At one point, you might think you have everything figured out, and at some point, you figure it’s not the same. Apparently, Google replaces its search algorithm around 550 – 600 times annually. Thus, understanding the basics and tricks of SEO is crucial if you want your content to reach a larger audience. Change in SEO is inevitable. However, there are elements of SEO that can help you navigate through the changes Google introduce as far as SEO is concerned. One of these elements is a Meta description. Meta Descriptions are a critical element of Search Engine Optimization, and it’s a fact that won’t change for years to come. How can you capitalize on Meta description to increase your ranking? Here are some tips that will come in handy.
What is a Meta Description?When you search something on an engine browser e.g., Google Chrome or Microsoft, you will get several search results. Now, with Meta description, it becomes easy to know what a certain article continues without even clicking on it. It’s an HTML attribute within your Meta tags that describe what your page is all about. It’s a short piece of text that appears in search results under the headline of your webpage. Even though you won’t add a Meta description in your HTML code, most search engines will automatically create a Meta description for your page. However, that won’t be the best thing to do.
Why is the Meta description important?
- It’s your first point of interaction with users.
- It could be the sole reason why someone clicks on your webpage.
- The search term of a user will be bold in your Meta description. This is a solid way to capture the user’s attention.
- Your Meta description gets puller as a preview text for sharing on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
Tips for creating a killer Meta description.
- Keep it short and sweet.
- Ensure your Meta description blends with the content of your webpage.
- Have a unique description
- Use keywords.
- Avoid duplicating your Meta descriptions.
- Using rich snippet.