What is a Meta Description?When you search something on an engine browser e.g., Google Chrome or Microsoft, you will get several search results. Now, with Meta description, it becomes easy to know what a certain article continues without even clicking on it. It’s an HTML attribute within your Meta tags that describe what your page is all about. It’s a short piece of text that appears in search results under the headline of your webpage. Even though you won’t add a Meta description in your HTML code, most search engines will automatically create a Meta description for your page. However, that won’t be the best thing to do.
Why is the Meta description important?
- It’s your first point of interaction with users.
- It could be the sole reason why someone clicks on your webpage.
- The search term of a user will be bold in your Meta description. This is a solid way to capture the user’s attention.
- Your Meta description gets puller as a preview text for sharing on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
Tips for creating a killer Meta description.
- Keep it short and sweet.
- Ensure your Meta description blends with the content of your webpage.
- Have a unique description
- Use keywords.
- Avoid duplicating your Meta descriptions.
- Using rich snippet.