100 Reasons Why You Must Have A Content Marketing Strategy In Place
- June 2, 2021
- Posted by: Manju Rai
- Category: Digital Marketing News
The landscape of marketing is ever-changing. But that one component of marketing that has not budged from its throne is Content Marketing. If you want to taste success with a higher conversion rate, it is time that you focus on your content marketing strategy and actively invest in it.
If still skeptical, below you will find 100 mind-boggling statistics that will show you that content marketing is ready for world domination. Get set, and go!
100 Reasons Why You Must Have A Content Marketing Strategy In Place
- Content Marketing Consumption Statistics
Since the audience for content marketing is online, you already know the expanse that your efforts can reach! Here are a few stats that will tell you the immense power of content marketing.
- 90% of total organizations – big or small – use content marketing to market their offerings.
- Marketers spend an average of 25% of their total advertising and marketing budget on content marketing.
- Other than consumers, 91% of B2B firms use content marketing to attract more business leads.
- 80% of CMOs from around the world opine that customized content can create wonders for a brand’s marketing efforts.
- More than 50% of CMOs feel that the best way to engage with customers is through websites that are content-heavy.
- 62% of companies choose to outsource content marketing from experts.
- An internet user takes up an average of 20% of screen time to read the content.
- 68% of people are okay with investing time in reading about brands that they are interested in.
- 57% of internet users click on content marketing titles with click-baits at least once a week.
- 80% of people consider learning about a company through published content as the best way.
Takeaway: As you can see, users are more than willing to go through the content that is interesting and informative enough. Even if a small proportion of users consume your content, it would be significant considering the magnitude of your audience.
- SEO in Content Statistics
If your team is still turning a blind eye to SEO as a part of the content strategy, show them these stats to convince them!
- Since 95% of users only use results reflected on the first page of a search engine, optimizing your content will help you get found.
- According to Forbes, websites with a blog section are likely to have 4X indexed pages than those with no blogs.
- More than 60% of content marketers invest time in SEO.
- Businesses with blog sections on their sites get double the benefits from organic SEO due to more inbound links.
- Most content results that rank on the first page on Google have an average of 1800 to 2000 words.
- Most B2B marketers track two metrics, i.e., website traffic and engagement rate, to track and measure content performance.
- More than half the content marketers consider search ranking as the benchmark for content performance.
- As per Google, almost 50% of users use Google to discover a new product or service via published content.
- Images interspersed in content perform better than content without images in the search engine results.
- The more backlinks your website pages have, the better are your chances to ages get that coveted #1 result in Google.
Takeaway: If you want proper exposure for your content marketing efforts, you must focus on SEO. Create high quality content, and only then will you be able to earn backlinks, which will fetch organic search results.
- Blogging & Content Creation Statistics
If you have the notion that publishing well-written content is a thing of the past, I have enough reasons to convert you. Here you go!
- As per the content marketing kingpin, HubSpot, blogs are one of the primary forms of media used to attract quality leads.
- 60% of marketers prioritize content creation as a strategy for inbound marketing.
- Most successful brands that have tasted overnight night have admitted spending 46% of their total budget to create quality content.
- 59% of marketers have considered the ubiquitous spot Medium has in a content marketing strategy.
- Brands that publish more than 15 blog posts every month can get 3.5X more traffic than companies that are not consistent.
- B2C companies that have published 11+ blogs per month got 4X more leads than those that blogged 4-5 times a month.
- The best pieces of content for B2B marketers to leverage are social media posts (95%), blog posts or short articles (89%), and email newsletters (81%).
- According to Content Marketing Institute, short articles or blog posts work 3X better in building brand awareness.
- SEMrush states that more than 65% of companies use organic traffic to measure whether their content has achieved the desired goals.
- Trust in updating existing content, since updated content brings in more visitors and makes them trust a brand due to consistent efforts.
Takeaway: Not all content can bring you the desired results. Do not focus on quality or quality separately. Put them together to create authoritative content that is informative and comprehensive.
- Content Strategy Statistics
You need to build a robust marketing strategy to beat the other brands in your niche. Take a look at these content strategy statistics and know the essentials of the perfect strategy:
- 70% of marketers focus on content marketing and actively invest in it.
- Nearly 40% of marketers consider content marketing an indispensable part of a marketing strategy, irrespective of the type of product or service.
- 78% of brands hire one to three content specialists for crafting fitting content that goes with the brand values. (SEMrush)
- The top five metrics used to track content performance are website engagement (86%), email engagement (90%), conversions (78%), website traffic (88%), and social media analytics (83%).
- Content marketing must have helped 86% of marketers create brand awareness, educate their audience, and build trust.
- 52% of B2B marketers have agreed that they have failed at providing customers with optimal experiences while engaging with content due to the lack of a strategy.
- In 2020 alone, more than 40% of content marketers have documented their content marketing strategy, including the top-performing brands.
- A handful of B2B content marketers feel that their content marketing strategy is fail-proof.
- 91% of marketers continue to leverage content marketing to taste eventual success.
- 59% of internet users have admitted to preferring videos of 5 minutes to read 500 words.
Takeaway: Without content marketing in your marketing strategy, there will be a massive gap in your efforts and the results. To make the most out of your marketing strategy, including content in the mix right away.
- Content Marketing ROI Statistics
If your brand isn’t willing to invest in content marketing, make a quick presentation using these stats to show them the positive ROI!
- Content marketing costs almost 60% less but generates 3X the leads as outbound marketing.
- More than 60% of people choose to search about a product only after reading about it.
- 70% of people prefer to learn about a brand via blogs over advertisements.
- 82% of consumers trust a brand that offers informative and custom content instead of promotional fluff.
- 78% of consumers have connected with a brand using custom content.
- 70% of consumers have referred a brand to acquaintances due to an interesting blog or other kinds of content.
- 78% of marketers find content marketing one of the best ways to generate quality leads.
- Brands that have established themselves as content marketing leaders get 7.8X more site traffic than followers.
- Conversion rates for content marketing adopters are 6X higher than non-adopters.
- Almost 50% of buyers choose to pore through 3 to 5 published pieces before visiting the homepage on a brand website.
Takeaway: Content marketing is one of the most cost-effective tools that bring in more visitors and turn them into prospective buyers. Generate warm leads and be brand advocates by tapping into the potential of content marketing.
- Video Content Marketing Statistics
With our attention span decreasing for reading, people today prefer and relate to video content more. These mind-boggling stats are proof for the same:
- Video has 3X more chances to convert leads than blogs and infographics.
- More than 80% of businesses create demo videos and use them as a marketing tool.
- 92% of marketers swear by video marketing and consider it an essential part of a brand’s marketing strategy.
- 87% of video marketers feel short videos are more likely to bring in traffic to a website than videos that cross the 5-minutes limit.
- 80% of video marketers have admitted to the role of videos in increasing a visitor’s average time spent on their site.
- 95% of video marketers feel that videos help users better understand their products or services.
- 75% of consumers prefer to watch a video about a product than read a post about it.
- 1 in every 4 customers loses interest in a brand if its official website does not have enough video content.
- 40% of millennials trust video content for they find it more believable.
- As per Google, most consumers aged between 18 to 34 have once in a day stopped what they were doing to watch a video.
Takeaway: Video marketing is highly relevant and a lucrative format to present content. So, create short videos and intersperse in with written content to keep your users engaged.
- Audio Content Statistics
How many times have you been hooked to podcasts? Well, here are some statistics to prove you are not alone:
- As of 2020, 34 million podcast episodes exist on the internet.
- 45% of millennial internet users aged between 25 to 34 prefer listening to podcasts to reading content on the same topic.
- More than 50% of podcast listeners consider investing in a brand after hearing an audio advertisement on a podcast.
- Almost a billion-dollar was invested in podcast advertising in 2020 due to the social distancing rules amid the pandemic.
- 17% of marketers are likely to add podcasting to their content marketing strategy by the end of 2021.
- Google has updated its search algorithms to transcend text to images and understand podcasts and videos.
- A podcast has the potential to reach over 100 million listeners if done right every month.
- The number of podcast listeners in the US alone has grown by 54% since 2017.
- 25% of Australians listen to at least one podcast every month, whereas 15% of them listen to one podcast weekly.
- Post pandemic, podcasting has witnessed the fastest growth as an audio medium for propagating content, with more than a billion listeners all over the world.
Takeaway: This is the right time to dip your hands into the world of podcasting and expand your reach to establish your brand as an authority.
- Visual Content Marketing Statistics
Images and infographics remain powerful methods when it comes to engaging with your audience and spreading your message. Here are some figures that will divulge the ultimate power of visual content:
- Infographics rank as the fourth most popular tool for content marketing.
- 67% of B2B marketers have used more infographics in the last four years after getting positive results.
- According to Forbes, 74% of marketers feel visuals are an integral part of sending across messages, especially on social media.
- 84% of businesses have switched to infographics from short blogs and have used them in long posts too.
- 88% of marketers have admitted that articles with visuals have performed 2X better than those without any images.
- 69% of marketers have stated that high definition and customized banners on a website increases engagement rate.
- 40% of marketers feel that original graphics perform the best.
- 49% of marketers use online tools to produce high-quality visual content.
- Blog articles with vivid infographics get 90% more views than those without.
- Every 3 in 4 content creators use animated visuals that live-action images to keep an audience engaged.
Takeaway: Considering the downward sloping curve of our attention span, visual content is a must in a content marketing strategy. Visual content gives the readers a respite from processing large amounts of data.
- Email Marketing Statistics
Want to know the efficacy and relevancy of email marketing in today’s date? These statistics will give you an overview:
- Around 80% of marketers have experienced better email engagement in 2020.
- As of 2020, there are almost 4.3 billion global email users, if not more.
- The number of email users around the world is estimated to grow to 6 billion by 2024.
- 49% of marketers use email marketing as a sure-fire tactic to generate quality leads.
- 35% of email marketers send more or less four emails to their customers every week.
- 47% of marketers have had invested in promotional emails by the end of 2020.
- According to HubSpot, the key to a successful email marketing campaign is message personalization.
- Emails with personalized salutations using the first name of the person have 2X open rates.
- 80% of small businesses use email marketing as a tool for customer acquisition.
- Email marketing has been ranked as the second-best medium for building brand awareness for small brands in 2020.
Takeaway: Email marketing offers one of the best ROI due to its versatility. Get your email marketing strategy right away to build brand awareness, grow website traffic, boost lead generation, and increase sales.
- B2B Content Marketing Statistics
Reaching B2B consumers using content marketing tactics can be a bit challenging. However, the stats mentioned below will be able to give you insights.
- 47% of B2B businesses have benefitted from case studies, way more than webinars, analyst reports, user reviews and video content.
- 95% of B2B marketers trust content published by industry influencers only.
- 55% of B2B analysts feel that a great story is what it takes to keeps readers engaged.
- 71% of buyers have closed from a link with content that seems too salesy.
- 47% of B2B marketers have focussed on personalization in 2020 and have gotten positive results.
- 72% of buying firms expect personalized communication from B2B sellers.
- Almost 50% of B2B brands invest one-tenth of their annual budget in content marketing.
- B2B businesses consider email marketing to be the most implemented content marketing tactic in 2020.
- 86% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn as a social marketing medium.
- 97% of B2B marketers have stated the universal value of social media in reaching a brand’s target audience.
Takeaway: For B2B businesses, the focus should be on long-form content. Be it written, audio, video, or visual, the content should not be like a sales pitch. Remember to use the art of storytelling while creating any form of content.
These stats show how a robust content marketing strategy can turn the fate for your brand and usher in all the leads and revenue with consistent efforts. Take lessons from each stats mentioned above to design a strategy that lets you win over readers and propel content success.
Author Bio: Clara Smith is a content marketing guru associated with some of the biggest B2C organizations in the US. She is also associated with Allessaywriter.com as an essay writer who offers essay help to students in need. Clara loves to read and watch movies in her free time.