Prep Work #1. Shortlist Images and MusicThis goes without saying, but you need to select the pictures that will be part of the video collage. If you are creating the montage for a special occasion, then crowdsource images from people. It is good to edit the pictures for its brightness, contrast, saturation, etc. During the prep work, also finalize the theme and the background score of the video.
Prep Work #2. Choose SoftwareYou can choose the right software solution in the following way: visit an online website that allows you to create a video montage or download tools like Picasa. You can also create an image collage using your mobile phone. While choosing the software, keep the following points in mind:
- The cost: is the software free or paid?
- Video length: the length of the video since many online software solutions have a time limit. It is advisable to keep your video short and not exceed 2 minutes no matter what the occasion is.
- Extra features: several online video makers provide extra features such as maps, voice synthesis, and even special effects.
- Video quality: Will the video be created in High-Quality (HQ) or High-Definition (HD)? Will there be a watermark once you download the video?
- Video format: Does the software allow you to save the video and come back to it later? In what formats are you allowed to download the video?