- Beautiful in aesthetics
- Great in appeal
- Very useful and effective
- Highly interactive
- Real and perceived motion
- Establishing an emotional connection.
Design for humansThe best way to go about is to follow the basic mantra in UX design: humans come first. Say it aloud and repeat it before and during the planning and designing phases until you hear these words echo in your head.
- If you follow this principle for every project it will help you in many ways such as:
- It will make you actually be and feel more human
- It will help you to be intentional in your actions
- Also, it will facilitate the interactions
- It will ensure better design and most of all
- It will help you to empathize with your users.
Predictable and comfortable designNext, you should focus on your design and make sure it is for comfort and is predictable. When it comes to designing, there are a few specific elements in this process that you simply cannot change such as the screen size or the type of device. However, you can always make an alteration to render things in a better way to make your designs more comfortable and usable in different settings. Comfortable design is that which ‘feels right.’ in order to ensure this you must consider the following:
- The thumb patterns must be accessible and reachable to be used comfortably on mobile devices.
- You will need to consider different phones for this, the hands using it, the sizes of the buttons and other elements and swipe actions.
- You must also consider the size of the typeface so that the users do not have to squint while reading a copy.
- Make sure that you provide a better contrast that will work well in all types and varying conditions depending on the type of devices used to access your app.
- The movements and motions must also mirror real-life and consider the physics and dynamics of the mobile phone screen to ensure better micro-interactions.
The emotional connectConnecting with your users emotionally is highly important to make your design a success. In order to make sure that you do so, you must focus on one and only one specific emotion you want to convey through your project. Doing one well exceptionally is far better than getting wrapped up while creating a number of emotional experiences. When it comes to emotional connection, there are two things to remember:
- The design created must establish a relation between the users and your product and
- The design should also, create relationships between all other users.
- Red will conjure up excitement and passion
- Orange will give a lighthearted feeling to the design
- Green will promote prosperity both financially and physically and
- Purple will convey luxury.
Considering the mental triggersWhen it comes to UX design, understanding human psychology and the mental triggers a little bit will take you a long way. The concepts to follow for this include:
- Doing something for other people as they will return the favor
- Looking at the behavior of others especially when you are not sure how to react
- Including a social stream to make the users feel they are a part of a larger group
- Considering the users want that they cannot have by providing time-limited deals
- Following Hick’s law by not providing more choices as that may lead to decision paralysis
- Providing things to the users that are relevant to them at presents such as notifications or check-in tools
- Implementing elements that stand out and using contrast to create a better focus as users will remember these most
- Providing timely feedback so that the feeling of control does not disintegrate quickly.