How to Get Assured Success with Your App Promotion on YouTube?
YouTube is no longer just a video content platform where we seek “how-to” guides, movie trailers, music playlists, and popular entertainment stuff. YouTube is also the leading social platform used by companies around the world to promote their business offerings.
For mobile app developers, YouTube has emerged as one of the most effective marketing channels. But many of them don’t have a clue about using the platform to its optimum strength. Well, this is why we are here to explain some of the time-tested ways to promote mobile apps on YouTube. But before that, let’s spare a few words on the riding importance of YouTube for app marketing.
Also Check: Digital Marketing Training Course in Dehi
5 Quickest and Easiest Ways to Promote App on YouTube
Rising Importance of YouTube Mobile App Promotion
YouTube since its appearance way back in 2005 as the media channel preferred by millions of people for watching videos, it continued to attract the attention of marketers and businesses from all niches. Apart from its massive popularity as a channel, YouTube also provided some useful maneuvers and technical abilities to promote products and services. No wonder, soon, app development companies all over the globe picked it up as an excellent channel for app promotion.
Let’s explain the key reasons behind its importance as an app promotion channel.
- A short video content highlighting the value proposition of an app can gain more traction and achieve more engagement.
- Video content can easily explain how an app works. This will help user onboarding and engagement.
- YouTube allows marketers to integrate a number of CTA links, buttons, and interactive options to boost engagement and get visible feedback.
- Since most developers opt for this channel to showcase their apps, it becomes easier to learn from competitors and shape video content accordingly.
- YouTube also offers promotional ads options that can be used with other video content.
- From user-generated content to promotional content to “how-to” videos to brand storytelling, you can take advantage of different types of content for promoting an app.
- YouTube being an integrated Google platform, easily helps you achieve Google search engine ranks through video content.
Now that the importance of video content for promoting app video is explained, let us provide here some of the time-tested principles and maneuvers to promote your app on this platform effectively.
An Ahead of Competition Content Strategy
Let’s begin with the basics. For successful YouTube marketing, you need to give utmost focus to creating a content strategy that resonates with your target audience. Your video content strategy should take care of the following aspects.
Enhance the Metadata
- Remember, shorter length videos get the most views and traction. So, make sure the video duration is short and precise.
- Secondly, don’t beat around the bush for long. As today’s viewers are an impatient lot, you need to keep them engaged throughout with something interesting.
- Take a cue from what your competitors are doing, but in every aspect, remain unique in content strategy and content creation.
- Make sure your content orients the app benefits with the relevant real-life contexts. Follow the principle of FABing (explaining the feature, advantages, and their real-life benefits).
- Make sure you use high-quality visuals and sound effects for your video content.
- Make a draft of your content before shooting or creating the video and evaluate how it can interest your users. It would be good if you can use a storyboard for every video content.
YouTube marketing works much the same way as SEO or App Store Optimization. Apart from these necessary attributes, there are a few aspects that are unique to YouTube. Let’s explain the basics one by one.
- Keyword Research: Like search engines, here too, you need to target some keywords that are important for your app. Evaluate the videos in the market against each keyword. At last, have a list of keywords that you will target. In the case of too much competition, you can always opt for less competitive ones.
- Title: Your video title must contain the target keyword. Always make sure keywords appear in the right context instead of appearing as stuffy.
- Description: YouTube allows you to say a lot more things to your audience through the description and so use it to the fullest extent. In the description, you can even provide a bit of transcription of your video content. This will help you to include your target keywords. Always provide important links through the description, including that if your website, other social pages, and others.
Lastly, to make the job easier, you can make use of any of the several quality metadata tools in the market. A popular tool is vidIQ, which comes with pretty much everything to create the right metadata for your YouTube promotion.
Make use of App Promotion Ads
As we have already said, YouTube us an integrated Google platform, and hence you can take advantage of the Google search engine to gain visibility for your video content. For example, you should make use of Google app ads that are basically designed to make the content visible to the right audience. Most importantly, even the advertisers are being encouraged by Google to use such ad videos for pushing new installs and repeated engagement.
Release A Promotional Trailer
Just like the trailers of upcoming movies, your new and upcoming mobile apps can be successfully promoted through promotional trailer videos. Such trailers are more helpful now as YouTube came up with a new feature that allows creating different trailers for new and recurring visitors.
It is advisable to create a promotional video with great quality and professional look and feel. Make a promo video for the app by experts who has prior knowledge and experience of creating such content.
Reach Out To Influencers
Finally, on YouTube, you can give a massive boost to your app visibility through influencer marketing. Opt for influencers who are more related to your niche and can really make a difference with their voice.
Influencer marketing works best for promoting an app
. Opt for the popular influencers with a lot of subscribers and a similar audience as that of your mobile app.
YouTube has emerged as one of the most promising marketing channels for mobile apps across the niches. While all app marketers compete for YouTube traction, the tips mentioned above and measures can help you stand out from the competition.