5 Ways to Launch a Successful Shopify Store
Upload Professional Photos and Videos
Create a Personal Connection
- Who is your audience? Look at aspects like demographics, income, shopping patterns, and interests. You can gather this market research through social media, email surveys or reviews.
- Keep your customers updated through social media and email marketing. They should be the first to know about new products or special discounts.
- Make sure your customer service is exceptional. This means responding quickly and solving problems the best you can. Also, publically apologize for negative reviews and thank those who gave you a great review.
- Team up with another company to glean from their existing customer list. One of the best online options is to offer guest blogging for their website. Most companies will allow you to link your business in the article and in your author’s bio.
- Show them the face of your company by going live and connecting with them via face-time and webinars. If they know you and your story, they are more likely to purchase products from you.
Utilize Shopify SEO
- Set up Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Submit your site map to Google Search Console and check for navigation errors.
- Use Google’s Keyword Planner so you can know what words are being searched and how much. Link keywords in your content to bring people to your product.
- Use one strong H1 heading for each page, but not more than one. Keep these titles concise and under 60 characters. Google displays page titles between 50-60 characters, so make the most of this space. The meta description on Google will be around 150 characters, so use important keywords and the strongest copy for this.
- Have a strategy for building links to your website. The more relevant links you have in your store, the easier it will be to search. Look at how your competition is getting a link in marketing articles and websites. It’s a good idea to reach out to various platforms and request mentions for your product.
- Plan a simple marketing strategy by thinking about the customer. What kind of questions will they ask about your product? You should already have answers and how-to’s available on your website. Use short and sweet marketing articles that use keywords to bring people to your store. All your content should be unique and customized, so that means writing your own product description. Adding customer reviews to your products can also be helpful.
- Build your store on social media and start a following. Social media is an effective platform to market your product and connect people to your story.
- Make sure your mobile and desktop versions are user-friendly and are fast-loading. Google also has guidelines for websites to help them have the best SEO practices.
Customer Service with Shopify Ping Messaging
Market on Social Media
- What are your goals? Define your targets and how you will measure progress.
- Who is your target audience? Think about the demographic you want to reach. Research how they respond to social media marketing and on which platform.
- What kind of creative content can you use? You will want to have a theme of what your posts contain and what they look like. A consistent schedule of posts is also important so you aren’t figuring out what to post everyday.
- Which channels will be present on and can realistically maintain? It’s better to be strong on one platform than spread yourself thin across multiple sites. Each platform has strengths in different areas, so you will want to avoid simply duplicating content.
- How will you schedule and implement your social media marketing? Posting content to get the most views and interactions takes a bit of research. Thankfully, there are a fair amount of scheduling tools to help you, such as Trello, Hootsuite, and Buffer.