1. Know your audienceIf you don’t know your audience, you will not know what their wants and needs are and what you’re going to want to market to them. Knowing your audience will not only bring more relevant people to your site but make sure they get converted into leads because of their aligned interests. This pays off in the long run, and not just in the short term. Making sure that you do your research to get engaging content that is not only competitive in the market but adds value is crucial to getting yourself seen and people to your site.
2. Social Media MarketingWhether you can handle one account or ten accounts, social media is an enormous factor behind a lot of readers coming to your website, building relationships, getting backlinks, and generating leads.
- Focus on social media accounts that you can handle, don’t take on too many.
- Most platforms will offer tools to help with creating content such as Facebook Creator or Tweetdeck. Use these to your advantage.
- If you’re going to mention others in your social media posts, reach out to them and let them know. More often than not they’ll link back to you as well.
- Create infographics for your social media posts that will capture the reader’s attention.
- Create catchy text to grab the reader’s attention.
- Make sure that your posts are relevant to what your social media promises.
3. Content Marketing and OutreachBuilding relationships is an excellent way to get white-hat backlinks. Guest posting and commenting on other people’s posts with meaningful, insightful content that adds to the conversation rather than just selling yourself will get you noticed. Making sure that you add to the conversation is essential here, most people will be able to tell if you’re there to sell your website to them and their readers, and that won’t leave a good impression, nor will it get you any love. If you link to someone’s website, reach out to them in a short but pleasant email, letting them know that you found their content meaningful and added value to your content. They’ll appreciate that and likely backlink it to you. Knowing your competition, seeing what they’re putting out there, and researching keywords, content, and backlinks will give you insight into what you want to do for your site. E-books, live courses, and other forms of content that you can write and then sell or have readers subscribe to are some of the easiest and more reliable ways to get started. Once you’ve been able to market these, it’s easy to ask if users would like to upgrade their services or purchase more based on the content that they have already. Most of the time, when you put out content that users want to purchase, they’ll know what they want and come back for more—anticipating that your content and the items you offer will be key to conversion.
4. Email CampaignsUsing email campaigns with digital marketing tools such as these to get a lead generation is a great tool. Using things like google type form, a hello bar, landing pages, or any other email capture method is a great way to build a list of subscribers to market to. Lead generation has quickly gained this way by offering something free to the visitor to give you their email. Once you’ve successfully captured their email, you can then send newsletters with links to products, services you have for sale, links to more of your posts, or other items that you might want them to see. Using this effectively to market to them after that is up to you on how you use that material and what you offer them after that first free morsel. Usually, making sure that you have a mobile-friendly site and easy to use will get you conversions that you’ll be happy with.
5. Publish GraphicsWhen using infographics there is a multitude of ways that you can use them in your articles to market towards your content, including facts and other tidbits that you’d like to include in your article but perhaps not go into great detail about.
- Infographics are a great way to grab attention and give the reader something to visually engage with.
- This allows the reader to have a visual reprieve from reading and retain your information more readily.
- Making sure that you have quality content with your infographics will ensure that your content gets shared.
- Backlinks will organically occur when infographics and quality content are shared.
- Infographics are a great way to add detail to an article with a visual representation.