7 Tips for Improving Your Social Media Campaigns
- December 26, 2020
- Posted by: Manju Rai
- Category: Business & Digital Marketing Tips
Are you looking for ways to improve your social media advertising? It takes time and effort to learn how to get the best results. You may experience a lot of trial and error before discovering the ideal content and target audience.
Learning more about best practices can help you get a better return on your investment. The following tips can significantly improve your social media campaigns.
Before you start writing your ads, it’s essential to understand what terms your target audience uses when searching. Which words are the most popular for searches regarding your products, industry, or services?
A keyword analysis can help you understand the best terms to use in your campaigns. Google Ads is one of the most widely used sources of such information.
Google’s Keyword Planner is a free tool that allows you to do all of the following, even without publishing ads on the service:
- Find suggestions for search terms related to your field of expertise
- Check how many searches use a specific keyword each month
- Organize keywords by categories
To access this function, you’ll need to log in to your Google Ads account and switch to expert mode. Then, you can start searching keywords.
Take Advantage of Video Content
Video ads are an excellent strategy for showing your products on social media. They get followers’ attention by using sound in addition to visual stimuli.
Videos provide several other advantages:
- You can communicate quickly – Video allows you to say more in a few minutes than you could using text.
- They build audience trust – It’s easier for people to believe you when they can hear and see you.
- More engagement – Videos keep potential customers on your Facebook or Instagram page for longer
- They can boost interactions – You can use video to transform an existing post and get more conversions.
- Video content is ideal for mobile users – Nine out of ten buyers watch videos on their tablets or phones.
Social media feeds are full of images and videos vying for users’ attention. It can be tricky to find the right image to catch someone’s eye.
Once you have your followers’ attention, the next step is to create an emotional connection. Through this relationship, you can guide them to respond to your call to action.
Robots improve efficiency in multiple industries, as seen on the Octopart blog. Many companies are also using chatbots for client communication, but people crave human interaction. Storytelling is one excellent way to meet this need for connection.
This practice can significantly increase your success in advertising. Storytelling enables you to:
- Engage potential customers through creativity
- Connect with your followers on a deeper level
- Help your audience understand what your company is about
The act of telling a story can help you create suspense and curiosity that keep the audience engaged. You may choose to sequence your posts to create a narrative. In this way, followers keep clicking or swiping to see what comes next.
Target Current Customers
It’s common for marketers to focus on attracting new customers. However, it’s also essential to target your current clients.
What would happen if all of your past customers bought another product or service from your company? The impact would be astounding.
It costs much more to bring in a new customer than to retain a current one. Thus, keeping your clients should be just as significant a focus as attracting new ones.
You can target current customers by uploading a list of client email addresses to your social media platform. Then, you can use them as a custom audience for campaigns.
Create an Optimized Landing Page for the Campaign
It’s best to have a customized landing page for each campaign. Why is this so important? If your ad’s action button sends users to a homepage, they’ll probably have trouble finding the correct offer.
On the other hand, sending followers to a specific landing page provides them with the information they need. To help them understand the campaign, including the following elements:
- A concise headline that explains the offer in under seven seconds
- Subtitle to provide context for the headline
- Call to action that defines the next step
Landing pages can also benefit from the inclusion of social proof. You can present this evidence in the form of pictures of what your organization has accomplished. If you sell a service or product, you might include testimonials from people who were satisfied with their purchase.
A landing page needs optimization for mobile devices. Over half of online visitors access the internet through smartphones.
It’s essential to have a landing page that looks amazing on a desktop, but you also need a version that works for phones and tablets.
Make Use of Audience Insights
Social media sites provide commercial users with demographic data about page followers. Insights also show the results of all campaigns you’ve run.
Studying the demographic data available for each ad can help you understand who’s interacting with your campaigns.
Some social media platforms also show information about audience members’ hobbies, interests, location, and relationship status. Such data can inform your storytelling, making it easier to present your brand so people will identify with it.
The wise use of audience insights can significantly increase the success of your social media campaigns.
Track Results to Verify Success
It’s essential to track your campaign outcomes to see if your ads are bringing the results you desire.
Analyzing the success of each advertisement can allow you to maximize your returns. Here are some of the most critical metrics to pay attention to:
- Post engagement such as clicks, comments, shares, likes, favorites, and retweets
- Traffic to your website through your social media accounts
- Reach and impressions, indicating how many times users saw your ad
- Conversions, or how many sales came from social media marketing
In a Nutshell
There are several ways to improve your social media campaigns. You can use keywords and optimize your video content. Telling stories and targeting current customers are essential strategies, too.
A high-quality landing page can provide a significant advantage. Use audience insights and track ad results to maximize success. Putting all these tips into practice can improve your social media campaign results.