This Complete guide will help you in learning best practices for creating your digital resume and also assist you to build an excellent CV to stand out amongst others and get a good job in digital marketing as a fresher.
If your digital marketing resume is not up to the mark, you will not be able to secure the right fresher job opening, in fact, chances are very high that your profile might not be even considered due to lack of presence in your resume.
Importance of Digital Marketing Resume For Freshers: For fresher, a digital marketing resume matters the most because It is the key to their future and future jobs. A well-formatted and error-free resume shows your professionalism while applying for a job.
This Digital Marketing Resume Guide Will Prepare You To Choose the accurate layout for your resume Make your resume header powerful to stand out Write compelling and effective objectives and summary for your digital marketing resume How to prepare a digital marketing resume without any experience.( i.e. Choosing The Right Resume Layout).
There are basically three types of resume layouts categorized on the basis of the experience you have in digital marketing. Functional, chronological, and combination resume layouts.
Does A Digital Marketing Resume Need A Degree Section? Including Degrees in fields like marketing, communications, or business management is always a plus point. Your resume content will help recruiters to conclude whether you are perfect for the role or not.
All job portals these days are filled with jobs for Digital Marketing Freshers, you may hardly find brands that are not looking to hire job seekers these days, especially post-covid-19 the demand for young talent digital marketers is very high.
Going by the skills you might be a digital marketing expert proficient in creating Social Media strategies, SEO plans, or Paid campaigns and having expertise in executing digital strategies successfully.
But, If your digital marketing resume is not up to the mark, you won’t be able to secure the right fresher job opening, in fact, chances are very high that your profile might never be even considered due to lack of presence in your resume.
The Complete guide will help you in learning best practices for creating your digital resume and also assist you to build an excellent CV to stand out amongst others and get a good job in digital marketing as a fresher.
Importance of Digital Marketing Resume For Freshers:
- It is the key to their future and future jobs.
- It helps them to represent their skills to a recruiter.
- Most Mass-Recruiters use ATS ( applicant tracking system) so a resume that is not designed accordingly will not be shortlisted.
- It helps a fresher to stand out among the other applicants applying for a job.
- A resume prioritized for a job position can instantly get you an interview call.
- A well-formatted and error-free resume shows your professionalism while applying for a job.
This Digital Marketing Resume Guide Will Prepare You To:
- Choose the accurate layout for your resume
- Make your resume header powerful to stand out
- Write compelling and effective objectives and summary for digital marketing resume
- How to prepare a digital marketing resume without any experience. ( i.e. What to put under the experience section) ?
- Whether to have a degree section or not?
- Best templates for digital marketing fresher entry-level jobs ( downloadable sample pdf)
1. Choosing The Right Resume Layout
There are basically three types of resume layouts categorized on the basis of the experience you have in digital marketing.
The functional resume design allows you to avoid your work history and focus on your skills and knowledge. This is the reason it’s also called the skills-based resume template. It is now more important to highlight your real relevant skill set rather than job titles and dates.
A chronological resume prioritizes your work experiences because it is the section that hiring managers will find most unique. Your jobs are shown in reverse chronological order, starting with your current or the most recent one, and each job has a brief description.
The combination, As its name implies, Consists of the other two types of resumes. chronological and functional resume. The combination resume puts more concentration on knowledge and skills while still giving you enough space to describe your previous work experience.
If you are a beginner or don’t have much experience, then the functional type of resume layout is best for you.
Also, there are several video editing tools that help you create video resumes and cv which is a new trend these days.
Such a resume focuses more on skills than your work experience. We will explain later how to include skills in your resume.
Those having enough experience should use reverse sequence and focus more on work experience. However, you should not ignore the importance of including a dedicated section for skills.
For example, if you are looking for a Digital Marketing Resume for Freshers, an ideal resume includes:
- Well-written objective or summary
- Digital marketing work experience
- Important skills
- Your Specialities
You can also check: Latest resume format for freshers on Surejob
2. Creating Eye-Catchy & Powerful Resume Header
A hiring manager receives a lot of resumes in a day. And to stand out from the stack of resumes, you need to have an eye-catchy resume header.
Earlier, your resume header incorporated your name and contact details only, but things have changed now.
You need to follow the Tips to make your resume header effective and worthy:
Tip 1: You should add one or two certifications along with your name that prove your proficiency and seriousness about the job role without diving deeply into your experience.
Tip 2: Include links to your professional social media websites, such as LinkedIn, Quora or Twitter, where you have shared self-written informational posts relevant to the digital field or discuss digital marketing.
By simply including these two elements in your resume header, you will convey a direct message to recruiters stating “ I am Certified, Proficient, and proud of my work”
Take a look at these two examples:
Clearly, a recruiter will prefer the first one.
The header of resume 1, includes certifications that show the proficiency of the candidate. And social media links placed on the right side will help recruiters to know you more professionally.
Whereas the second header simply includes name and designation, which is so basic, and certainly won’t help you to shine out from other CVs.
3. Writing a Compelling Objective/Summary For Digital Marketing Resume
Your resume objective or summary is one of the best ways to explain more about you as a professional. It’s a great place to showcase your digital expertise, experience as well as writing abilities.
You need to keep your objective compact and focused on describing why you are the best applicant for this particular job role. Writing experts at the paper writing service can assist you with writing compelling and brief resume summaries.
Note: Don’t keep your objective or summary common, means fit for all types of objectives.
Now check out these examples:
Here the major difference is specificity. The second template is so ordinary, meaningless and not to the point. It doesn’t provide any valuable information to the recruiters.
Worse, it will leave a bad impression and waste the time of recruiters, and you will lose the chance to get hire.
While hiring, a recruiter wants to see how experienced or how perfect you are for the role, and including your expertise will help you get recruiters’ attention.
4. How To Prepare a Resume As A Digital Marketer With No Experience
It’s great to mention your previous experience along with achieved results, but what if you have no experience?
Firstly, don’t apply for the job roles that require 2+ years of experience, as they are looking for experienced candidates, and applying for those positions is certainly a waste of time and effort.
If you are a beginner in the digital marketing field, then your skills and knowledge is the only key to get a job. The perfect way to show your skills is by displaying the websites or blogs designed and managed by you.
There are a lot of ways to showcase your skills for an entry-level digital marketer, without any formal work experience. You need to prove to the recruiters that you are a self-motivated person by showing your certifications, personal projects, blogs, etc.
Digital Marketing Skills To Include In Your Resume
No matter what kind of job roles you are applying for, you need to create your resume according to the specific line of work. Let’s say you are applying for SEO jobs, then you need to ensure that your resume is good enough to highlight the SEO skills required for the job you are applying for.
There are a lot of skills that recruiters are looking for while hiring people for digital marketing job roles,
Here are some important skills that you will need to add to your digital resume.
Digital skills for your CV
- Paid ads
- Social media
- Communication (written and spoken)
- Mobile Marketing
- Strategic planning
- Data Analysis
- Computer Literacy
Tools & Hard skills for your resume
- Google Analytics
- Facebook ads
- Google ads
- LinkedIn ads
- Email marketing tools like MailChimp
- Google Tag Manager
- Clipchamp Create
Also, there are several video editing tools that help you create video resumes and cv which is a new trend these days.
However, recruiters expect digital marketers to be practiced in one or more domains. And that’s the reason why you need to understand the type of digital marketing jobs you are applying for and focus on the skills important for that job role.
Does A Digital Marketing Resume Need A Degree Section?
Including Degrees in fields like marketing, communications, or business management is always a plus point.
However, it;’s not mandatory to add a degree while applying for a digital marketing position.
Even without a proper degree, you can still prove that you are qualified for the job role. Presently, certifications are the new form of degree.
Usually, a degree is a way to show you some important skills. And if you can show that skill through certifications or other ways, then it’s perfectly fine for recruiters. All they need to know about your skills and proficiency.
Digital marketing is a rapidly changing domain and recent certifications will be more valuable for you to get a job as compared to marketing degrees.
Best templates for digital marketing fresher entry-level jobs
Freshers always feel confused while designing their CV. They want to make their resume eye-catchy and don’t want to get rejected by recruiters.
They feel anxious as companies require experienced candidates. If you are experiencing the same, then you don’t have to worry now. Through this post, we will help you to create an outstanding resume for your dream job.
You need to take care of a few points and you will definitely achieve the dream career growth you want.
The first thing that you need to do is to make your resume content more effective. Your resume content will help recruiters to conclude whether you are perfect for the role or not.
So, your resume should be clean, and precise that emphasizes your best qualities. Here are some resume templates to help you more.
Sample 1: Best Fresher Resume Template For Content Marketing Job
Content is king nowadays! Content marketing is not just about writing and posting content online. It’s much more than that. It’s a long-term strategy that focuses mainly on creating valuable and researched content for targeting your audience to maintain a great connection with potential customers.
Here are a few tips to create your Content writing Resume:
- Mention your excellent writing skills & communication skills
- Add Computer competencies
- Mention Grammatical proficiency
There are several content marketing jobs available in the market, so don’t wait and start creating your resume to grab outstanding opportunities. Here’s the template specially designed for Content Marketing Resume for Freshers.
Sample 2: Best Fresher Resume Template For SEO Job
Before starting the process of creating a perfect resume for SEO job roles, you need to understand the importance of SEO in the digital marketing world.
Search Engine Optimization is an essential part of digital marketing with a huge scope. Moreover, the Digital India campaign is supporting digital marketing in India, and thus creating a lot of jobs in the digital sector.
So, let’s get into the part of creating SEO resume :
- The first few things that you need to mention are your career objectives, qualifications, training and certifications, and relevant skills.
- Keep the information in your CV appropriate, precise and to the point.
- You need to mention your personal information and interests in a compelling way.
- Showcase your distinct SEO skills in your CV that the employer is searching for.
- Mention the previous SEO projects you have done.
- Add relevant SEO skills like- Keyword research, MS Excel, Google Analytics, On-Page Optimization, Off-Page Optimization
Here we have shared an SEO resume for the fresher’s template. Have a look!
Sample 3: Best Fresher Resume Template For Email Marketing Job
First, What is Email Marketing?
Email Marketing is used for building a relationship with potential customers.
It is considered one of the most effective marketing channels when compared with others and is still a powerful way to generate a lead.
Follow these steps to create your Email marketing Resume:
- Brief your Career Objective with respect to the job profile
- Provide your Personal Details with interest and hobbies
- It should not exceed more than 2 pages
- Highlight your skills and, you can add these keywords to make your Resume interesting and relevant:
- Deliverability of your Emails
- Email Marketing Automation
- Good copyrighting skills
- Email Attribution
Consider this below-mentioned template for Email Marketing Resume for freshers.
Sample 4: Best Fresher Resume Template For Social Media Marketing Job
SMM (Social Media Marketing) has grown faster than the internet itself! It’s a process of engaging and sharing content on different social platforms in order to drive traffic and help companies increase their brand exposure.
Now take a rundown at how one can build a perfect Social Media Marketing Resume:
- Mention your accomplishments in your resume.
- Add your Qualification details and important Keywords.
- Highlight your Social Media Skills, and try including the following traits in your Resume.
- Social Media Planning skills
- Social Media’s campaign execution
- Content Marketing
- Leadership skill
[Pro Tip: SMM is expanding at an exponential rate. Thus, it is recommended to acquire a “Social Media Certification” which will be a big plus for your Resume.]
For reference, you can check out this template for social media marketing resume for freshers:
Sample 5: Best Fresher Resume Template For Inbound Marketing Job
Inbound Marketing is the process of drawing prospects through Content Marketing and is one of the best ways to convert prospects or visitors into a customer.
You must include these elements in your Inbound Marketing Resume to make it shine in the eyes of the recruiter.
- Be clear with your objective
- Mention your degree, course, certification and other educational details
- Add relevant Keywords, and consider specifying these basic skills to avoid a tasteless impression.
- Knowledge of SEO
- Knowledge of MS-Excel
- Familiar with Online Marketing
[Pro Tip: “Hubspot Inbound Certification” is in the limelight today, so one can earn this certification to get an edge over the others.]
Sample 6: Best Fresher Resume Template For Market Research Analyst Job
You might have doubt in your mind that what does a Market Research Analyst do?
Here is the answer to your query: A Market Research Analyst assembles and analyzes the data from various sources, pen it down, make a report and then present it to the client.
Thus, you can add these necessary key skills and competencies:
- Ability to work well with numbers and analyze complex data
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a structured and organized manner
- Good Communication skills
Here’s a template example, that gives useful insights about the job role. Take a look:
Sample 7: Best Fresher Resume Template For PPC Job
Before going to the PPC resume let’s first talk about What PPC is?
Pay-per-click, or PPC, is a form of online advertising in which the advertiser is charged an amount each time one of their ads is clicked. In short, you are paying for targeted web traffic (or landing page or app).
Build your effective email marketing resume by following these steps:
- Knowledge about PPC in depth
- Dedication to excellence in both work performance and client satisfaction
- The capacity to lead a team and excellent communication skills
- To ensure campaign efficiency, monitor, manage, test, and track them.
- Change and improve efforts to prevent financial loss.
- Respect all deadlines and your budget.
- Develop PPC campaigns in close collaboration with clients.
We provide a sample PPC CV for Freshers here. Take a Look!
Sample 8: Best Fresher Resume Template For Affiliate Marketing Job
It is the process of promoting the products and services of other companies through affiliate marketing. Your affiliate link will give you a commission once a potential customer clicks on it and makes a purchase. A commission is normally either a set amount of money or a percentage of the sale price when it comes to these commissions.
The following are some of the important key skills and competencies that you will need to add to your profile:
- Profound knowledge of affiliate marketing services
- Expert in using Web analytics tools and Company Name application
- Thorough knowledge of search engine optimization strategies
- Excellent capacity to create and meet client marketing objectives
- The capacity for flexible work hours
- Good communication skills