Nowadays, we are much more familiar with the term online learning, especially after the worldwide pandemic breakout. A few years back, do you remember how challenging it was to look for a trainer or teacher?
But now, with the advancement of digitization and the development of the internet connection, the teachers are just a click away.
One such platform to take and provide educational and training guidance is Udemy.
If you are in search of an effective way to earn passive income from online teaching, then Udemy is the best choice for you. If you are here looking for assistance in making money by launching an online course on Udemy, this article is tailored for you.
So, stay tuned and keep reading till the end!
Background Of The company Udemy
Udemy is one of the market leaders in the online learning field, launched in May 2010. In this platform, a teacher and student can easily collaborate with others and serve their purposes.
Through Udemy, you will get plenty of supportive features, as there are hundreds of tools for building a course and monetizing it.
If you wish to create a handsome amount of money by providing educational resources online, the first thing you require to do is complete a course on Udemy.com. Now there is no such bar in creating and launching a course in which you have expertise.
At present, there are over 45,000 instructors or course creators worldwide having courses in 1000+subject areas in multiple languages. Did you know that the top 10 instructors of Udemy have earned nearly $17 million to date? Why not become one among these millionaire educators?
So if you want to add your name also to that list, then follow the below section carefully.
How To Launch Your Course On Udemy?
You would be surprised to know that launching a course on Udemy is pretty simple. There is no need to buy a domain name, create a Clickbank account, or set up hosting.
It is nothing like rocket science, so firstly, be assured that you can save a significant amount of time as well as resources.
Now, what do you need to get started? Here are a few things that are mandatory requirements for starting a course on Udemy.
- Workable Computer
There is no need for a Macbook Pro or any other high-end system. With a simple computer or laptop, you can kickstart your career on Udemy. But make sure that there is a webcam and you are all set to rock.
- A Good Quality Microphone
Now to launch a course on Udemy, you are not required to be an engineer. However, a good-quality microphone would serve all of your teaching purposes.
There are a number of microphones available on online platforms like Amazon, which you can get for yourself. Your headphones will also work if they are of high quality.
- A Decent Webcam
This is another fundamental requirement to start an online course on Udemy. How would you be visible to your students without a webcam?
If your laptop is equipped with a webcam, it’s great. If not, then get your hands on one from Amazon.com.
- Tool For Recording The Screen
How will you launch the course sessions if you do not have a screen recorder? But apart from recording, you also need editing software to eliminate unwanted parts. [plenty of software are available in the market for the same. So take a chill pill.
Here are some easy-to-use recommendations for screen recording and video editing programs:
Screen Recording Software For Windows And Mac
- Debut Video Capture and Screen Recorder Software (Windows)
- CamStudio (Windows)
- BB flashback (Windows)
- QuickTime (Mac)
- Monosnap (Mac)
- Snagit (Mac)
Screen Recording Software For Windows And Mac
- Openshot (Windows And Mac)
- Avidemux ( Mac)
- Lightworks (Windows)
- Blender (Windows)
How Can You Earn Revenue By Launching A Course On Udemy?
In order to sell, Udemy offers several revenue models based on the source of the lead. It may be an advertising campaign, organic traffic, affiliate marketing, or even through a sole instructor.
Here are some steps and trips to make money on Udemy:
- Select a Course topic based on your skills
- Conduct extensive market research about your competitors related to the topic
- Plan the modules for the course by considering the lessons, subtopics, etc.
- Choose the methods to deliver the lessons like worksheets, video, text, audio, etc.
- Create the course with different tools and edit the lessons by reviewing your videos repeatedly.
- Now comes the most critical part – Selling of The courses. Udemy’s instructors’ remuneration depends on the origin of sales generation, whether affiliate, marketplace or you. If you generate the lead, you will get 100% revenue. If the source of the leads is organic traffic, you will get a 50% revenue share. Lastly, a 25% to 97% revenue sharing model would apply if the lead is from ads, deals, and affiliates.
- Upload the Course on Udemy. You may also add a logo or colour scheme to build your brand.
- Social media is the best channel for increasing the awareness of your course. Also, you can do PPC advertising, content marketing, etc.
- Last but not least, be consistent with your course. Do not forget to update it periodically with new information: otherwise, you can get poor reviews.
Now that you know how to create, launch and earn from an Udemy Course, what are you waiting for? Start today, and you can also be a millionaire. Make sure that you are following all the tips and tricks mentioned above.
Please drop a comment below about your viewpoints after reading this article and share it with others who need it.
Partha Mondal is a passionate blogger. She loves to share her thoughts, ideas, and experiences with the world through blogging. Partha Mondal is associated with Tech Trends Pro & Online Health Media, Tech Net Deals & WP Blogger Tips & Online Marketing Tools.