- 8 billion People globally will use mobile phones in 2016. (Forrester Research)
- 75% of Internet users went online via a mobile device at the end of 2015. In 2016, mobile devices aren’t only the most popular or commonly owned device, but also they’re starting to overtake all other devices in terms of time spent online. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 85% of India’s digital population accesses the Internet via mobile, an increase of 30 percent since 2Q2012. During this period, Internet access via PCs/laptops remained stable. (GlobalWebIndex)
- Average mobile time doubled to 3 hour per day in 3Q2015 from 1.5 hours per day in 2Q201. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 40% of mobile web users share their handset with someone else. This trend differs from any other market (GlobalWebIndex)
- 11% of India’s Internet users live in rural areas yet represents 70% of India’s population. (GlobalWebIndex)
- No brand dominates the Indian mobile market. Samsung (40%) has the largest market share. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 46% improvement in unaided brand awareness through mobile search. (Google)
- 51% of people find new companies via mobile search. (Google)
A Mobile-Compatible Website!
“A website can be viewed on your mobile device does not mean it’s a mobile-compatible website. “Yes! I mean one can almost open any website on the mobile based on the data pack and the internet connection. But that doesn’t mean it’s a mobile-compatible website. The mobile compatibility of a website is much related with the experience of the mobile web user on that website that includes easy navigation, relevant information, etc. Let me give you an example here! As you can see there are web & the mobile site of ebay below. A few things that are anyways obvious to be observed are simplicity, ease of navigation and of course the relevance of both the sites with respect to their devices. Never overlook the fact that though users find it easy to access internet on mobile than computers still spending a long time on mobile looking for what they want can be little daunting. This is why; mobile sites are created keeping quick & easy user experience in mind. However, if truth be told, there are still a large number of websites that are not optimized for mobile. But, this can be an opportunity for you to have an extra edge over your competitors. Get a mobile compatible website before your competitors do as mobile marketing is the present and future of marketing?
Important!One more thing you must be aware of is bounce rates for non-responsive websites are often between 85 – 90% signaling you a fact that there is a direct loss in traffic of between 10 – 25%.
Still!If you want to find it yourself as to how a responsive website impacts your business, you can always employ & explore Google Analytics data to identify the number of people visiting your mobile-web-site as well as their behavior while they are on your site.
Lead the game in place of losing it! Get a responsive website before your competitors do! Drive more traffic and boost sales generating more revenue for your company eventually!