Reasons To Use Text MessagingThere is no denial of the fact that sending bulk messages is the best way to reach out to more and more customers and here are a few good reasons that will substantially back up such a bold claim.
The Spam Factor:SMS marketing is not considered as spam because there are some specific rules of permission-based marketing that SMS messaging has to follow. It is 100% opt-in based. This when simply put means the customers must give their communicated consent before they receive SMS messages over their phones. This can be typically done in one of three ways such as:
- Any new subscriber can double opt-in through web widget
- Add their phone number to a compliant sign-up form or
- Text back to join.
The Read Factor:There is no doubt or denial to that fact that everyone reads texts, well saying almost everyone would be better to avoid any controversy. It is found through different studies that more than 90% of all text messages sent and received are read within the first three minutes of receiving them and this is not a fluffy statistical figure. If you follow the recent research report of Dynmark.com you will find that it suggests that:
- Almost one-third of all those people targeted with bulk sms advertising campaigns respond to such correspondence
- It also suggests that almost half of this fraction goes on to make a purchase.
The DND Factor:The research results speak for the success of such campaigns for itself, given the fact that all citizens have the right to register themselves with the ‘do not call’ registry. It seems that this does not have anything to do with sending and receiving SMS. It is found that a major chunk of the population has already registered them with the DND but there are a few elements of dispute in it such as:
- First, there is no clear statistical research data that can back up this assumption and
- Second, the Do Not Call registry simply protects consumers from just unwanted calls and not messages.
- A consumer who is annoyed to find that he or she is receiving unwanted text messages continually, the only way to deal with it or to stop it is by filing an official complaint against the sender.
- On the other hand, however, if you know and follow the rules and nature of the permission-based marketing method, you as a marketer do not have to worry about such issues and situations.