10 Best Digital Marketing Jobs for Freshers & Students
- June 28, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Digital Marketing Career Tips
These days everyone knows that the world and India are on the path of digitalization. The Internet has become the most sensational path of our lives after food.
Even our Prime Minister is trying in every way to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. He also aims at the inclusive growth in areas of electronic devices, products, manufacturing and job opportunities.
This vision clearly delivers the message that the time will come when whole of India will be digital empowered and blessed. As if now, there are already more than 465 million internet users all over India.
Worldwide it has been reported that by 2019, there will be 3.9 billion global internet users, just over half the world’s population.
Today’s generation is very clever. They understand the importance of the digital world and well aware of the fact that the companies need Digital Marketing trained professionals to overcome the gap between the business and consumers.
Digital Marketing Jobs For Freshers
Digital Marketing has become the mainstream in many professional courses where students and freshers are also interested in learning this skill. This shift in business and market practice is giving rise to many opportunities and even Prime Minister has promised that there will be 65 lakhs digital jobs in the coming next three years which itself gives the crystal clear vision.
However, there are many students who are interested in learning Digital Marketing and still unaware of what kind of job opportunities they can have after learning the same skill. The students are in a confused state.
Recently one of the students asked me a question on Quora that she has completed her Digital Marketing Course and still confused what are the job opportunities and responsibilities she can get after her course.
So today I have decided to share 10 best Digital Marketing Jobs especially for students with the job responsibilities and package they can get.
Here is the list of top digital marketing jobs or freshers as well as the various positions available for those seeking a career in Digital Marketing:
1) Social Media Marketing Specialist/Executive:
It can be the best role for those who live and die over social media apps or technology. Generally, you need to spread the content via social media channels and run campaigns over the same. However, running paid advertising in Social Media requires some expertise which you can learn with the experience and knowledge.
- Building and executing social media strategy through competitive and audience research
- Generating and sharing content daily that builds meaningful connections
- Setting up and optimizing company pages within each social media platform
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, sales, etc) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
2) Search Engine Specialist/Executive:
Search engine marketing is one of the most important aspects of digital marketing. It is a broad term to define marketing via the search engines, but because Google is the biggest search engine – search engine marketing almost always just refers to marketing via Google AdWords.
Search engine marketers will report to digital marketing managers. The goal of a search engine marketer is to bring the target number of leads and clicks from the given marketing budget. Most of the work is involved in analysis, bid management, keyword research, ad copywriting and split testing the ad campaigns.
- Optimizing copy and landing pages for search engine optimization
- Performing ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities
- Researching and implementing content recommendations for organic SEO success
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies.
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on the newly developed code
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
3) Content Executive/Specialist:
Content Specialist is responsible for content marketing. It includes managing the blog, sales page copywriting, email communications, drip marketing campaigns, a little bit of PR, ebook publications, video marketing, and guest blogging.
Generally, content writers who report to content marketing managers are freelancers who write content by working from their home or as a part-time job. However in, big companies, there are fixed paid full-time jobs too.
- Write content for the web, news releases, articles, advertising copy, brochures, scripts etc.
- Creative content writing for blogs/articles etc.
- Social media content creation with, the help of our graphic team
- Research on 3rd party sites
- A blog for our website to post content and maximize eyeballs
- Report on institutional events and stories, for use website and other media.
- Maintain and update website content to facilitate the presentation of information related to programs, events, prospective audience.
- Identify, develop and manage creative content.
4) Digital Marketing Executive/Specialist:
Digital marketing experts are in huge demand and companies hunt for these kinds of people. It is not necessary that you should hold an MBA or have certifications in digital marketing because your projects will be proof that you know digital marketing.
- Planning Web, SEO/SEM, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns
- Maintaining our social media presence
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns
- Plan and execute all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize the user experience
- Utilize the strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Instrument conversion points and optimizes user funnels
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
5) Inbound Marketing Executive/Specialist:
The responsibilities of Inbound Marketers and Content marketers overlap a lot. If you have to define the separate role for an Inbound Marketer, his responsibility will be more towards managing the funnel and conversion at each stage.
Lead generation and conversion rate optimization are important components of Inbound Marketing.
An Inbound marketer can create a strategy for attracting customers. While the inbound marketing manager creates a strategy on how to attract customers using content marketing, the content marketing manager can focus on the execution of that strategy.
- Search campaign generation / implementation
- Keyword research, development & analysis
- Content strategy and execution
- Become an expert in Inbound Marketing and become the trusted marketing advisor to each of your customers
- Actively test and analyze data, content and landing pages to increase ROI and drive incremental volume
- Maintain a revenue base by managing account retention and renewal
- Work as part of the team to develop strategies for scale and growth
- Conduct meetings with clients to review results & reporting
6) Copy Writer (Executive/Specialist):
The copywriter can help the search engine marketer write better ad copy, help the social media manager post better words on social media channels, help the content team refine their content for better reception. Many organizations do not have a dedicated copywriter in the team.
- Writing clear, compelling copy for various mediums (e.g. ads, blog posts, newsletters)
- Conducting thorough research and interviews
- Working with creative professionals to build marketing projects and campaigns
- Write a clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Collaborate with designers, PR and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns and landing pages)
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach
- Source images and other content
7) Email Marketing Executive/Specialist:
Emails play a big role in describing and building a business brand identity. It is one of the factors that cater to business success.
- Create email marketing campaigns to promote products or services.
- Ensure marketing message is conveyed clearly and delivered properly to prospects.
- Ensure messages are sent in proper form and template.
- Proofread emails for clarity, grammar, and spelling.
- Develop a personalization strategy.
- Include specific graphics, incentives, and detailed descriptions.
- Review messages for brevity.
- Send messages to those who have opted in for messages.
- Ensure messages are mobile-friendly.
- Create a database of emails for lead generation.
- Follow up on interested respondents.
- Purge non-deliverable email addresses and opt-outs.
- Include persuasive ‘call-to-action’ in advertisements and promotions.
- Place orders for products.
- Design and write press releases.
- Track and analyze direct and interactive marketing campaigns.
- Use statistical analysis and reports to create campaigns.
- Coordinate and monitor the maintenance, integrity, and security of several databases.
- Develop and code the list segmentation for all direct and interactive marketing campaigns and communicate requirements to the primary database vendor.
Bloggers are freelance writers who maintain an online journal, also known as a blog. These online journals are shared by people who post entries about a variety of topics. Blogs are usually updated very frequently, and the posts are maintained in chronological order.
- Write fiction or nonfiction through scripts, novels, and biographies
- Conduct research to obtain factual information and authentic detail
- Choose subject matter that interests readers
- Work with editors and clients to shape the material so it can be published
- Manage the blog community by moderating and responding to comments.
- SEO implementation
- Handle social media marketing activities such as posting to Twitter and Facebook.
- Answer emails on behalf of the blog.
- Perform blog maintenance activities such as updating plugins.
- Write content for the blog.
- Analyze web analytics data to gauge content performance.
- Manage split testing and other content performance tests.
- Taking care of subscriptions, syndication, and email newsletters.
- Manage guest posting requests.
9) Campaign Executive/Specialist:
The purpose of this position is to manage the delivery of campaigns across the channels that make customers to engage and shop the company’s products.
- Maintain professional with customers and provide optimal services to same.
- Assist the segment and campaign manager and coordinate with internal clients to plan and fabricate marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate with clients and prepare a schedule for all clients.
- Supervise the effective implementation of marketing campaigns, recommend changes and modifications to various campaign data.
- Analyze campaigns and provide a recommendation to all campaigns.
- Prepare detailed list-selection criteria and ensure achievement of all objectives
- Perform tests and ensure precision in campaign implementation.
- Maintain all data and update management systems for various campaigns.
- Supervise the response handling and assist in campaign information distribution
- Document all campaign strategies and prepare all promotional activities.
- Assist campaign manager to deliver marketing data and provide support to all campaign planning and marketing campaigns.
- Supervise everyday Interactive workflow and procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting on all campaigns to ensure the quality of all programs.
- Monitor inventory for all campaigns on an everyday basis and ensure client satisfaction in all activities.
- Participate in all pricing and planning strategies and assess inventory for the same.
- Monitor and resolve all complex ad serving issues.
- Design and monitor all metrics in coordination with account management.
- Analyze systems and recommend improvements to all campaigns and prepare appropriate reports.
A person who is having a digital marketing skill can be a full-time Digital Marketer in companies as well a self-employed Freelancer.
A freelancer is a term generally used for a person who is the self-employed person who offers services to multiple businesses. The type of work freelancers varies from person to person specialization such as social media marketing, content writer, copywriter, graphic designer and more.
As per the various research and analysis conducted, it has been found that the approximate salary range at various levels in the hierarchy is as follows:
From this, it is evident that the salary range starts from 1.5 lacs per annum and can reach up to 30.0 lacs per annum. Of course, there will be variations based on your skill set, experience, and other such factors. However, the sky is the limit for those who show their true potential!