Why Should You Have a Social Media Presence?Businesses with an engaged following on the major social media networks can enjoy wider reach than any other strategy or campaign can offer them. An excellent online presence leads to more visitors and followers, as well as customers. It also makes for a perfect place to spread the word about new products and services, campaigns, and communicate with the audience. But, having many followers does not equal a successful business campaign. The idea is to have the right followers, those from your target audience. These are the people who will engage with your content, show interest in your offers, share the content in their networks, and become your customers. To get such followers, you need the right tactics and some effort. If you manage to do it, it will pay off, big time. Sounds good, right? Let’s get started, then.
You can’t expect followers if people can’t find you. This is the first and essential step. You need to get your brand’s profile out there for people to see. This can be established in many ways. It’s done through ad campaigns, consistent content, contests, etc. Unum has a brilliant guide on how to get more followers on Instagram and allow them to find you faster. This source points to “The Explore” page where people use the search bar to come across interesting accounts, hashtags, and brands. On this page, people search by using keywords, words associated with what they are looking for. This is why, when you use the appropriate keywords based on the niche of your brand, you make your page discoverable by the right, interested parties. Source Let’s say that your brand sells swimming suits. If you use this and similar keywords in your bio, in hashtags and posts, and even in comments, it can pop up when people search to buy swimming suits. This is how you make it possible for people to find you on social media. Next comes the quality you provide that serves to convince them to follow you.
2. Consider holding a contestContests have proven to be an excellent way to get new people to take action. When you have a contest that requires them to follow your account, you already got yourself a new potential lead as soon as they accept the challenge. Most contests also require that people share the post to their social media, which widens your business reach and may attract new people as a result. Quality contests can go viral within hours of being published in this way. They start with an ad but soon enough, the contest becomes popular and shared by many thanks to word of mouth. If you choose to take this step, you need to create an engaging, good contest for your target audience. Give something of value to make them interested, create quality content to describe your offering, and use visuals to make it more appealing. Some examples of contests published on social media include:
- Comment to win: you request that participants leave a comment on your post (or they can answer a question)
- Fill-in-the-blank contest: you ask participants to answer a question to take part in the contest
- Caption contest: the caption with the most likes wins the contest
- Photo contest: the best photo wins (your choice or based on number of likes)