While creating SEO strategies for your online website, it is essential to check whether you are up to date with the latest guidelines of SEO and keyword research or not. For long in the history of SEO, keyword research remained an essential part of both website planning and content optimization. Now, keyword research has more relevance in terms of social media optimization and also other forms of digital marketing. Moreover, smart marketers have started using keyword research strategy in email marketing too. However, when it comes to choosing the right key terms for Google SEO, it is always a troublesome task. There a lot of changes frequently happening in terms of search behavior like the Google algorithms, search guidelines, and also the patterns web searchers use to find relevant information. Considering these facts, if you want your web pages, email marketing campaigns, and content marketing initiatives to reap optimum results, you need to do keyword research in a better way. This guide will help you to understand the nuances of modern-day SEO and keyword research. The objective is to make the readers understand keyword research best practices and the challenges in searching for the right keywords to improve content creation and promotion.
What is the concept of Keywords?At the core, keywords are:
- Single or combination of words or phrases which identify what the users search for
- The phrases which describe the topics for business writers to focus on
- In the competitive marketing world, keywords are the same across the audience to help them find relevant content.
The need for keyword researchAs we have seen before, keyword research is a crucial aspect of search engine optimization. Keywords are considered to be very important in terms of SEO ranking, which Google also use to rank your webs page in the SERPs (search engine result pages). If you get them right, then Google also will understand what your pages are all about, which makes it easier for the bots that crawl your website to list it accordingly and show it upon relevant search results. Ideal keyword research will help the marketer to reach to customers by finding the most relevant topics to be included in their content strategy. Once if you know what the target audience is most interested in, then it comes easier for providers like Philadelphia keyword fyrebird to optimize your website content for it and delivery the most needed answers for them. All in all, keyword research may support not only content creation but comprehensive promotional and marketing activities like social media marketing, email marketing, affiliate marketing, and more. Essential keyword research will also enable the better administration of the paid campaigns like pay per click advertising and also competitive research methodologies. Checking your keyword strategies effectively against that of your business competitors may help you to be more focused and target on a refined content strategy. There are many SEO tools also available to help you in competitive keyword research and also to ensure the effectiveness of keyword utilization on your webs presence.
The relevance of keyword research in the current timesMany people are doubtful about the relevance of keyword research in the times of modern-day digital marketing. However, experts say that keyword research is still one of the most important elements of digital marketing, but now how it had been done back in 2006 at the early stage of SEO. Over the last few years, the primary objective of doing keyword research has been shifted to more organic search performance than using artificial measures to push your pages on top of the search results. In fact, many such SEO and keyword strategies during the early stage of SEO are now considered to be black-hat techniques, which will adversely affect your search engine performance overall. At one time in the past, the quality of the content was not so important as the density of the apt keyword, which is not so now.
Some other web search hallmarks also to be considered now are:
- More and more people use mobile devices for internet access and online searches. This means they tend to use natural language or voice search than keying in the specific search phrases.
- Google is always trying to develop its algorithm to bring up immediate answers to customer queries through personalized Answer Boxes.
- Semantically keyword search is also a prominent thing now. With this, you shouldn’t just optimize the content for a specific keyword or phrase, but to combine the related phrases that mean the same thing.
Understanding various keyword typesIt is important to understand the fundamental principles o classifying the keywords before doing keyword research. To better define, you can split them into the head, body, and long-tail keywords.
- Head keywords are simply one to two words but have a larger search volume.
- Body keywords may consist of two to three words in the phrase, which is good for a balanced search volume as to not too high and not too low.
- Long-tail keywords which may consist of more than four words or so, but the search volume against each may be lesser as these are more focused. These, however, may account for larger web traffic too.