Whenever we hear the movie name Bahubali, only one slang comes in mind – “Pehle ye
ne Bahubali ko kyu mara (First tell me, Why Kattappa killed Bahubali)?
” This has become a household mimic for any conversation that you feel to end.
Bahubali is an Indian bilingual epic historical fiction movie directed by S.S. Rajamouli, produced by Shobu Yarlagadda and Prasad Devineni, in the two cinematic parts (first release in 2015 as Bahubali: The Beginning
and second release as Bahubali: The Conclusion
in April 2017). Originally shot in South Indian languages i.e. Telugu and Tamil, it has also become a great hit in North India when Dharma Production released this monumental movie in Hindi.
Bahubali is now popularized as the most expensive Indian movie (INR 2.5 Billion) until date. With its epic style, Bahubali made sure to use Social Media Marketing
as a tool in a best possible way. Bahubali has used all the tactics of Digital Marketing
to maintain its dignity with severity.
Bahubali has 35.42 lakh likes on the Facebook page, 1.48 lakhs followers on Twitter, 1.38 lakhs subscribers on Youtube and still increasing day by day. Here let’s discuss how Social Media helped to Bahubali to hold its grip high.
- Behind the Scenes: One of the best ways to engage your followers is to make them feel that they are the part of the movie by posting behind the scenes. It gives an emotional and human touch. Bahubali Marketers keep on sharing all the happening on Youtube and Instagram which has been shared by Bahubali actors and made followers to crave for more.
- Bahubali Official Website: The movie has an official website named as “.com” where they share all videos, pictures of the cast, blogs, and galleries.
- Shopping Site: Bahubali.com has a special category as “Shop” where anyone can buy stuff related to Bahubali movie as Bahubali Merchandise. This has created a hush among fan following and money for charity too.
- Special Dates Releases: The teasers released on YouTube on the occasion of the Birthdays of Lead Roles played in this movie, paid a great attention and curiosity from the viewers and gone viral on Facebook, Twitter, and many other social media through sharing.
- Campaigns: Videos posted on social media as a “Casting call for Bahubali with SS Rajamouli and Prabhas” on Jan 16th, 2013 to select the interested and eligible individuals to perform in a war sequence of the film and same campaign followed for second part too.
Bahubali has utilized social media in such a way that has been refreshed, grabbed the attention of the viewers eagerly to see something new on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube, which has also helped in the promotion of their second part release.
Bahubali has made a remarkable history in showing what they exactly wanted and stood out unique with their Digital Marketing Campaigns. With its second release too, there has been a positive buzz online with hashtag
Other facts of Bahubali so far:
- “Baahubali: The Beginning” has become the fourth facebook’s Top Topics of 2015 after Prime Minister Narendra Modi, E-commerce Boom, and late President and scientist APJ Abdul Kalam.
- “Baahubali: The Beginning” has landed in the second place in Google(India) in the list of the trending searches of 2015 & First place in Google (India) in the list of trending movies of the year 2015.
- The filmmakers also created history by making it available on Youtube in 4k resolution, making it the first Indian film in Youtube with 4k resolution.