What is a podcast?Podcasts are talk or chat shows that are held online and are completely vocal. A podcasting show is held by one main host who may be accompanied by guest speakers or co-hosts. A podcast may go live from a website or may get uploaded by the host on a site. Normally podcasts are sent live on a website and can be streamed live. The listeners may also download the podcast after the show is over, for listening later. All old podcasts by the channel or website stay available for download at the web address and can be downloaded for hearing later. A podcast show is similar to a radio show, wherein the talk shows certain matters are discussed. The topic can be discussed in any way, like jovial, informative, educative, debate, etc. As the online internet marketer trying to market your cause, product or website, you can also start your podcast, where you may talk about your products or cause, etc. You can air the podcast at a particular time every week, or certain days of the week, or once or twice a month, etc. as per your convenience.
Why is podcasting a great way of online marketing?Podcasting certainly is a great way of marketing online. And, there are strong reasons for that. Podcasts give you the freedom to talk creative, freely, and in your style in total comfort. You can freely establish your points, state your opinion, collect speaker opinion, and spread a message. You can do all that vocally, without taking the stress of writing down words or calculating the presentation style and keywords, etc. You need to talk in a convincing, and engaging tone so that you can build an audience who would take an interest in your show. And in this way, you can tell about your website, the latest happenings, the cause you are working for, your product or services, and related topics. You can reach many at once by being vocal. Your words stay recorded that can be listened to by anyone later. Most importantly the data or words you share are free, which would attract many people to collect information from your show, provided you speak and deliver with quality.
What are the benefits of podcasting?The benefits of podcasting, you being a digital marketer podcast host, are many. They are:
- The show can be hosted alone, and you can speak throughout.
- To make things more engaging, you can invite guests at the show from any location of the world. The person need not travel to you. You can talk to guest speakers at their location from yours, and still establish the chat show or discussion.
- Any and everything can be discussed in a podcast show.
- If you air the show at a particular time and interval, then you will be creating an audience who would wait for the show and would recognize your identity, and therefore your website or product online.
- A podcasting show can become your identity and fetch you global recognition faster than all other SEO and internet marketing attempts.
- You may even get a celebrity status through the show if things click. In that case, your cause and product would automatically get promoted.
Are you the right person to start your podcast show?One important thing to first understand, before you plan to start your podcasting show is that, do you have that talent and spark in you to start the show? Well, you must have some qualities in you before opting this option:
- You must be a good speaker. You should know what you are talking about without losing your way. If you start a topic, you should be able to conclude it with efficiency and prove your point.
- You must have good tonal quality of voice to get heard clearly and understood clearly. With that clarity of expression is also a must.
- You must be able to devote some time into quality speaking with confidence through the show.
- Your content must have information that matters to the audience. Without helpful, informative data, no one would listen to your show repeatedly.