1. GoalsWhat do you want to achieve from your social media strategy? This is one of the crucial components. Before you start creating a social media strategy, it’s essential to figure out what you want to achieve for your brand. You need to analyze the business requirements of your brand. You can aim to widen your brand’s reach, increase awareness, drive traffic, generate sales, build brand reputation, or something else. Now, that you have identified your goals, you can easily create a social media marketing strategy which can help you achieve those goals.
2. Target AudiencesThe next important component, after identifying your goals and objectives, is to identify your target audience. If you don’t know who you are going to sell your products or services to, you may not be able to devise a fail-proof social media strategy for your brand. The simple yet effective way to identify your target audience is to filter them using parameters like gender, age, income, or preferences.
3. Social Media ChannelsOne of the most critical components of your social media strategy is to select the right social media channel. You should not just pick any social media platform based on your preferences. You need to choose the social platform based on the presence of your target audience. So, find out on which social platforms your target audience spends most of their time on. Once you figure out that, you need to leverage those social channels as your primary platforms. You need to post content on each of those social media platforms based on the popularity of each channel.
4. Content-TypeIn addition to the components mentioned above, the type of content is also a crucial component of social media marketing. You need to create appealing, informative, and engaging content as it will help you strengthen your presence on social platforms. It will also help you widen your brand’s reach, connect with your target audience, generate more sales, and increase ROI. However, you cannot use the same content format on all of the social media platforms. For instance, Instagram is more of a visual platform when compared to LinkedIn or Twitter. So, you cannot use the same piece of content created for Instagram on Twitter or vice versa. Hence, you need to create content according to the social platform. You can create content in the form of text, videos, podcast, or images. Then create content which is suitable to the platform and helps you get the attention of your target audience. Always ensure that the content represents the voice of your brand. Also Read: Free Beginner’s Guide to Content Marketing
5. ToolsThere are many social media marketing tools which you can use to dominate social media. You can use tools such as Grum, Animoto, or Venngage. With Grum, you can easily post your Instagram content from your laptop. You can also schedule your posts to be posted at later times. If you are struggling to create attractive infographics, then you can use Venngage. It will help you create engaging and interesting infographics in no time. And Animoto can help you with video creation.
6. Measure Your ResultsThe most important part of any marketing plan is to identify –
- How are you going to determine whether this is actually making a difference in your business?
- What key measures will you use to evaluate social media strategy effectiveness?
- How will you measure your likes and engagement?
Image courtesy: UTM.co
Dan McGaw is an award-winning entrepreneur and speaker. He is the founder and CEO of Effin Amazing, marketing technology and analytics agency, and the creator of UTM.io, campaign management, and data governance tool. Named one of the godfathers of the marketing technology stack and one of the original growth hackers, Dan has decades of experience in digital marketing, technology, and analytics.