What is Inbound Marketing?In simple words, Inbound Marketing is a collaborative effort of employing various digital marketing techniques to attract potential customers to your business before they are even ready to make a transaction or payment. The major focus is given on creating and sharing content especially designed for target prospects. Digital marketing strategies like Content Marketing, PPC, SEO, Social Media, etc. come with their unique metrics analyzed by different teams which collaborate to work toward the same goal. You can think of it like a government where each department has a specific focus, but together they work towards a single goal – prosperous development of the country. Likewise, Inbound marketing tactics include:
- Content marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- User experience on the website
- And much more
- Increase your customer base
- Increase your business’ size
- Increase in profit
- Direct mail is an important tool in the promotion of a product or service. This is where mail is sent to the recipient in a specific shape or format that’ll entice the receiver to open it. The advantage of this kind of advertising is it’s cheap and effective. Also, they’ll be able to give an immediate response. When a recipient opens the envelope, they can read the contents of the mail.
- Video marketing is one of the newest forms of advertisement. This can be done by using videos uploaded online to broadcast to people across the globe. This kind of marketing allows the customer to experience the products, services, or brand for themselves.
So, What is SEO?SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is an aspect of digital marketing concerned with increasing traffic to your website. It serves the website with high quality and relevant traffic through organic search. First, let’s understand what exactly SEO depicts,
- Quality Traffic – Attracting a lot of traffic to the website can be done in any circumstances. But, what really matters is the quality of traffic. Let’s say your agricultural website sells Apples and you are receiving traffic which wants to buy Apple mobiles and laptops, that is not quality traffic. So, you want to attract relevant potential customers who are genuinely interested in the products & services that you offer.
- Organic Traffic – It is a type of traffic where you do not have to pay for.
Content and SEO – How they go together?To better understand how SEO content and inbound marketing are related, we first need to address the codependency between Content, SEO and Inbound marketing. Content is at the core of any inbound marketing strategy and, SEO is dependent on content. To put it simple words, SEO is the essence of inbound marketing and content is the essence of SEO. You can call it a TRIO. Content and SEO are so closely related that they are inseparable today. Since search algorithms prioritize users over search engines, the main focus of any SEO strategy should be high quality and relevant content that will appeal to the users. To optimize the content for SEO, here are 5 essential tactics one should follow,
Before you even pick a pen or hit that keyboard – Do Your Keyword ResearchKeyword research is the most important aspect of any inbound marketing strategy. It is concerned with finding the search terms users insert on search engines. With proper keyword research, you will get an idea of keyword volume and trends that are out there. You can use various SEO tools like SEMRush, Google Keyword Planner, etc to do your research. For the main sections on your website, keywords with higher volume can be chased while the sub-sections could use more long-tail keywords. Read more: How to create your keyword strategy for SEO?
(LSI)Latent Semantic Keywords or Related KeywordsWhen you are researching for keywords, you’ll come across keywords related to the services or products you offer. It is advisable to create a list of these terms since they come into play when just the writing is focused on. LSI keywords also play an important role as users initially don’t have an exact idea of what they want and are in the research phase.
Title TagsThe title is the first thing people notice about your content and business online. An engaging title captures the attention of the users; thus increasing the chances of them clicking and visiting your website. Keeping SEO in mind, focus keywords should be placed as close to the front as possible and limiting the titles under 60 characters should be standard practice. Their main purpose is to,
- Generate curiosity
- Speak about what readers have in mind
- Establish credibility
- Mentions the benefit of your products/services