There comes a time when marketers often ask questions about how to increase Instagram followers and generate online business. Every business owners including freelancers wish to stay relevant and achieve success through. Thus, they need to integrate their marketing campaigns with robust social media stratagem. The freelance economy is certainly booming in numbers in recent times. That is surely a nice thing since many employers are in favor of hiring external professionals as compared to in-house or full-time employees. Moreover, many individuals are realizing the appeal related to freelance work and so they are pursuing independent freelance businesses or jobs. Freelancers are far too many in any industry or genre and are vying for the clients’ attention on this robust social media platform. There are several online freelance marketplaces, Twitter, LinkedIn, in-person networking, and niche groups are well-established and popular ways of gaining freelance assignments. However, there is a huge marketing avenue for freelancers in 2019- on Instagram! In the last few years, we know that Instagram has experienced exponential growth as compared to other networks and presently boasts of over 1 billion active monthly users in 2019. Something that is of major consequence is the fact that updates that appear on Instagram often generate 58 X more user engagement for every follower, in comparison to Facebook and over 120x more as compared to Twitter. Therefore, its high time to create an appeal on Instagram if you are really want to grow as a freelancer. Here are a few tips for freelancers for boosting their brand or business. Or for those who are focusing on kick-starting their freelance businesses.
1 What do you mean by an Instagram Marketer?
What do you mean by an Instagram Marketer?As per https://elisedarma.com, an Instagram marketer actually is an expert social media manager, who should be specialized in providing professional assistance to various Instagram accounts for managing them effectively and helps them to grow consistently.
First, Transform Your Instagram Account into a Business or a Professional Page
- If you are thinking of pursuing a freelance job via the Instagram marketing platform, it is essential that your Instagram profile page is actually client-ready.
- Start with securing a professional @handle. This should best be compatible with your specific business name or complement other social media handles used by you. Suppose that is not available, you may opt for your personal name’s variation.
- Write your Instagram bio. You need to compose an enticing bio for your Instagram for a business account within 150 characters only. So use the most effective words and you may consider using emojis rather than words. Ensure that visitors to your page should at once, clearly, understand what precisely is your profession and what sort of content you are planning to share.
- Consider adding a link. Unlike Facebook and Twitter, you get to share just one single link on your profile. You must clearly make up your mind about the precise web page you would like to link to such as the portfolio, homepage, contact, etc. Your link plays a pivotal role in driving traffic and boosting your freelance Instagram business.
Take the Advantage of Instagram StoriesInstagram Stories are supposed to be short clips comprising pictures, videos, texts or illustrations that are known to appear just above the main Instagram feed and would be disappearing after 24 hours. Now, you can save your important stories on “Highlights” feature as well. Instagram Stories are actually a fun way of sharing basically a series of memories or moments that you do not mind if it goes after a day from your profile. Instagram Stories help in demonstrating your personality in a different way from your main Instagram posts. Your Instagram feed gives you an excellent opportunity to flaunt your portfolio but stories offer a novel way of flaunting the less cultivated side relating to your business or personality. While posting keeping the main Instagram feed in mind, you would always want to present a polished look that would stay forever on your Instagram profile. Stories are just fleeting moments that go away after 24 hours. They give your followers an opportunity to know the real you. They even help your followers to enjoy getting a sneak peek into what is going on in your business behind the scenes. As a freelancer, Instagram Stories could be effectively used by you for
- Giving a fast tour through the work you do.
- Reflecting on a specific event or project.
- Demonstrating what all happens behind the scenes.
- Featuring products for sale.
- Hosting a contest.
- Playing a game.
- Taking a poll.
- Doing a giveaway.
- Giving tips.
- Sharing User-Generated-Content with your followers. You could share only stuff for which you have the permission to do so such as testimonials and customer posts.
Thanks a lot for sharing such valuable info with us. Keep up the good work.