In the coming years, Digital marketing
is expected to take complete control over the Indian market. During 2016, digital marketing has led to 40% growth in the digital market which is highly appreciated and accepted by our business industries as well as customers. As 2017 is almost falling in its last quarter, we can confidently say that digital marketing awaits the future. There have been several contributing factors behind this growth. Mobile has been one of the prime factors and is currently driving nearly half of all the web traffic. While the internet is not a relatively new concept, it has started defining the new kind of marketing experience long time back.
Everyone is online today. Whether you talk about banking services, hotel management, Govt. services and so on. It is not just limited to e-commerce or websites like platforms. The new age digital marketing consequently allows you to connect will all kinds of audience groups across the world. Today’s consumer behavior has helped break the boundaries of language, demographic and geography. Therefore, whether you are students or entrepreneur, one should learn and go with the trend. For those who are still not aware of this buzz, this post will clear all the doubts about what is digital marketing? How can it be your tomorrow?
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is the new form of marketing where businessmen and marketers use digital medium and the internet as the source to target the customers or audiences for their branding and advertising. It is a universal platform. Digital marketing is not only restricted to advertising and marketing companies; several other sectors like banks, education, medical, hospitality and even Government sector are channelizing the digital platform for marketing purpose. Hence, in every field, you may be heard or see Digital Marketers grooming and nourishing in the respective fields.
How can it help you to have better future?
1) More Digital Marketing Jobs
The count of digital marketing jobs is booming up. There will be an alarming rise in the count of digital jobs in years to come. Thinking of pursuing a career in digital marketing
is wise. You can prepare yourselves for a job role which will be in high demand in coming years.
Digital Marketing has become the mainstream in many professional courses and students are also interested in learning this skill. This shift in business and market practice is giving rise to many opportunities and even Prime Minister has promised that there will be 18 lakhs digital jobs
in the coming next three years which itself gives the crystal clear vision.
2) Equivalent to Higher Degrees
Digital marketing does not restrict you to one specific job profile. Even the leading companies such as Google, Twitter, and Facebook provide a wide range of job opportunities. Making a choice depends on the professional who has to set up his career in digital marketing. New online jobs are declared regularly for different organizations and enterprises. Degrees like MBA and engineering have lost their charms and students who still want to pursue MBA, they need to know that according to study, only 7% of MBA candidates from Indian Business Schools excluding those from the top 20 Business Schools get jobs straight after completing their course and hired in the corporate sector. Rest MBA candidates are struggling to get the job as per their qualification. Same is the scenario with Engineering.
3) Great Salary Packages
Since the scope of digital marketing is increasing; it will definitely affect the budget of the individuals. The demand and supply for digital professional are inversely proportional to each other. The demand is more and the supply is less. Employers are ready to a handsome package to digital marketers, exclusive bonuses. Apart from job, digital marketing helps you to earn extra money many other ways like blogging, freelancing, online money making and so on. So it gives a good reason to get highly paid jobs as compared to other peers.
4) Be a Freelancer
A person with Digital marketing skill can be a full-time Digital Marketer in a company as well as self-employed Freelancer. A freelancer is a term generally used for a person who is self-employed and offer services to multiple organizations at the same time. The type of work freelancers varies from person to person specialization such as social media marketing, content writer, copywriter, graphic designer and more. You can work as your wish in flexible hours.
For Entrepreneur and Business Purpose:
- Reach Larger Audiences: Since Digital Marketing operates through World Wide Web i.e. online; it can be easily accessible to greater audiences which can also be categorized into the geographical area and people interest. It also allows reaching international audiences through effective means.
- Lower Investment Cost: A properly planned and effectively targeted Digital Marketing strategies can reach the right customers at a much lower price than any other traditional marketing methods. You can have full control over investing on online marketing campaigns with proper personalization to your company website.
- Measurable Results: Apart from Digital Marketing, there is no other way to monitor or measure how many people looked at your website or showing willing to purchase your product. With Digital Marketing Tools, you are provided with solid, reliable reports that show the exact results of how many people have opened your emails, clicked on the link, opened your website and even added products on carts.
- Conversion Rates: With Digital Marketing, converting a customer is just a few clicks away. If you have a well-developed website, customers only need to click on the link to complete the purchase.
- Social Media Usage: Digital Marketing helps you to build an engaging campaign and make most of the social media. As Social Media has become the utmost way to stay connected with your followers and customers, it helps you to stay in the competition and ensure your business reach up high.
Knowing how complex the marketing process can be, organizations are increasingly on the hunt for top talent to help them meet their digital goals. This partially explains why a degree in digital marketing is such a big deal today. As more and more companies realize the importance of a digital marketing strategy, even you being a businessman can learn digital marketing to help out your own needs and generate more sales.