Angular is undoubtedly one of the most popular web development frameworks that developers world over prefer to use for their projects. But in spite of its powerful features and a variety of performance-savvy attributes, Angular is known to have a terrible shortcoming. Yes, Angular is regarded to be less friendly to search engine crawlers. This requires any Angular development company to deal with an additional barrier to optimize the website for search engines. Here through the length of this post, we will try to understand this stumbling block that Angular developers need to cross and we will provide the most effective measures to deal with this.
6 How To Use The Angular Universal For Your Angular Web App?
What Google Says In DefenceGoogle offers reassurance that its search engine crawlers can easily find content in script-driven websites and this doesn’t cause a ranking problem. But the experts in the majority are not fully convinced by this defence. According to experts, the extra hurdle may not put all Angular websites in the problem but can cause problems for a few and you never know whether the bad omen is actually waiting for your Angular website. On the other hand, except for Google, for other search engines, you face the same problem. This is why experts believe that by opting for Angular, a website can lose a significant amount of traffic.
What Are The Proven Solutions To These Problems?Obviously, these problems are not the end of the world for your website SEO checklist. If you have an Angular website and are worried about these problems, you may find some time tested solutions that other Angular websites found incredibly helpful.
- A common and widely appreciated solution is to opt for dynamic rendering. For this, you can use popular tools like Puppeteer that generates static HTML files to help web crawlers search your content easily.
- Another supplementary method is to configure the webserver to channelize the search bots to pages already rendered by the human visitors.
What Angular Universal Does?Angular Universal is an Angular based tool that can run the website on a server instead of running the same in the browser. While Angular apps are basically client-side apps in nature, Angular Universal turns them into server-side apps. Since search engine crawlers don’t process client-side code but do the same for server-side code, your Angular website content run on the server gets discoverable thanks to Angular Universal. Since it renders the HTML page for the browser, the loading time gets quicker. With Angular Universal, both issues corresponding to the finding of content by search engine crawlers and speed are resolved.
Angular Universal, A Winning Solution For Digital MarketersFor anyone into digital marketing, much of the efforts lie in getting more online exposure and traction from the users. This is why marketers go with all-out efforts to become visible in search engine ranks. But if the site is not indexed by search engine crawlers, your website cannot rank. While on the one hand, your Angular website suffers from poor search engine exposure and difficulties in getting indexed, the slow loading speed is another pull-back factor that undermines the ranking chances of your website content. This is where Angular Universal comes as an effective choice addressing the issues concerning search engine discoverability and loading speed at the same time.
How To Use The Angular Universal For Your Angular Web App?Now that the value proposition of Angular Universal is clear to you, it is important to know the methods for running the Angular web app into Angular Universal. You need to follow the following steps to implement Angular Universal for your web app.
- First, install the required dependencies
- Update your Angular app
- By using the Command Line Interface create an Angular Universal bundle
- Now, set up your destined server to deploy the Angular Universal bundle
- At last, run your Angular app on the server.
Updating The Angular App
- First, add Angular Universal support by going to the root module.
- At the next step, build the server root module followed by creating AppServerModule. Ensure that the ServerModule takes along the platform-server dependency.
- Now, build the main file for the Angular Universal bundle.
- Now, at last build a configuration file with JSON format.
Creating a Target For The Development
Setting Up Server
Deploying The App On The Server