It’s almost the middle of the year and all the board’s results like CBSE, ICSE, SSC, and others have come. This is the crucial time when students juggle to take admissions in the reputed colleges as per their choice and look for extra Skill Enhancing Programs to prepare themselves for the challenging future.
Being a student you need to explore all kinds of fields and career perspectives in a deeper way. You need to understand the path you choose should be gregarious in demand and provide enough opportunities for a better future. There are many skills or options which you can learn.
However, in my opinion, I have one advisable stream for all the kinds of students from a topper to average ones, science or commerce students, middle class to high profile students and so on, which can help you to achieve everything in your life i.e. Digital Marketing.
In this post, I will share what is Digital Marketing? Why should students learn Digital Marketing for a better future?
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is the type of marketing that solely depends on the internet. It is a set of online marketing tools and strategies that help companies or businesses to promote and advertise their products or services; and target the masses through the Internet and digital mediums such as smartphones, laptops, etc.
1) You must have seen many shopping emails in your inbox. It is part of digital marketing. Once you select any item in the cart but don’t buy it, later you receive an email stating that “Your cart has one item, please check out”. This strategy is called email marketing which is a part of Digital Marketing.
2) You watch many advertisements on Youtube, Google pages, and posts. It is because of Digital Marketing Adsense Program.
3) You watch numerous entertaining videos from social media pages like PopXo, BeingIndian, ScoopWhoop, etc., and companies share testimonials, interviews, and product explainer videos on Facebook. These videos fall under Video Marketing, which is part of Digital Marketing.
4) While surfing on Facebook, you watch many advertisements and campaigns of different companies, all because of digital marketing.
There are many other examples that I can state just to show how vast and trendy digital marketing has become.
So, why should Students learn Digital Marketing?
- More Job & Career options: India has more than 465 million Internet users, which makes it relevant how the internet has been growing in our country. People generally search for items on the internet rather than going out and looking for them. This gives companies more potential to hit the masses online and earn out of it.
You must have heard about our Prime Minister’s Digital India Campaign. It has the vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
It also aims at inclusive growth in areas of electronic services, products, manufacturing, and job opportunities. Our Prime Minister has confirmed that there will be 18 lakhs more digital jobs in coming next years and not enough professionals yet to fulfill them. He also assures us that he will provide proper help and support to our young entrepreneurs for their startups.
Worldwide the demand for digital marketing professionals will rise by 38% this year, which shows how much it is a trending and demanding profession globally.
- Get Paid more than other Professions: Due to its demand, digital salaries are rising as companies need professionals who can target the right audiences and generate leads and sales for them. For this, The Founders are ready for a handsome package for digital marketers, and exclusive bonuses. Apart from the job, digital marketing helps you to earn extra money in many other ways like blogging, freelancing, online money making, and so on.
- You can Start Your Own Career: One of the remarkable benefits of Digital Marketing is that you can be your own boss. You can start your own business independently and market or advertise it on your own. Digital Marketing is the future of marketing and learning it will make you feel more confident and one step ahead of all the other marketing strategies and tactics.
You can be a Freelancer too. A person with Digital marketing skills can be a full-time Digital Marketer in a company as well as a self-employed Freelancer. A freelancer is a term generally used for a person who is self-employed and offers services to multiple organizations at the same time.
The type of work, freelancers do varies from person to person specializing such as social media marketing, content writing, copywriting, graphic designing, and more. You can work as your wish during flexible hours.
- Highly Affordable and Returning: Learning Digital Marketing is quite affordable compared to other degrees like MBA. It also has less duration as compared to 2 years MBA program and teaches new marketing strategies. Moreover, returns on learning Digital Marketing are immensely high again as you have more job prospects and better pay packages.
This is the high time when you can learn something that goes with the trend and you don’t even need to have a specialized degree to learn Digital Marketing. Digital Marketing is open to all and promises to give you an immense experience and opportunities than any other profession.