In-demand Marketing Skills that every marketer should master
- September 6, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Digital Marketing Career Tips
Today, marketing is a war where the internet is the battlefield. And, the marketers are online warriors who are trying every possible way to win this war. But a warrior is incomplete without its sword and in this scenario, the sword is Digital Marketing.
Yes, you have read right!
Marketers have been learning various digital marketing strategies to win over this competition. They have taken pieces of training from various online marketing training companies and worked under experienced marketers to enhance their marketing skills.
However, the time comes when marketers feel messed up and seek a guidance to understand what are the various ways to enhance their marketing skills. Many times, they approach influencers and ask what are the best digital marketing skill sets that marketers must have in their resume to get highly paid packages.
With this competition, there are instructed in-demand marketing skills that employers look for in their marketers while hiring them. We totally understand that a perfect digital marketer is far like an achievable dream but with the right marketing skill sets, one can easily at least be near the par.
Being a digital marketer means understanding each minute tactics of the new web algorithms and know how to work by keeping them in mind.
An ideal marketer is the one who always stays updated with current online discoveries, know how each of the social and digital channels operates & interacts with each other and the synergies they create.
Why do you need to work on your digital marketing skill sets?
If you are into digital marketing, many questions might have raised in your mind; like
- How can you improve your marketing skill?
- How different should your Facebook post be to Twitter or Instagram, tactics?
- What are the essentials that you need to keep in mind while making email marketing strategies for higher conversions?
- How can you build better content marketing strategies with respect to search engine optimization?
If you come up with these thoughts more repeatedly, than you need to work on your online marketing skills. As your audience is constantly being bombarded with ads, messages, distractions and a whole lot more; it’s a high time that you need to enhance the skills that will allow you to create marketing strategies and let your content stand out in a crowd.
To make it easier, we have divided marketing skill sets into two categories:
Hard Skills and Soft Skills.
Let’s read out what kind of in-demand Marketing Skills that every marketer should master.
Social media is the only platform in the world where the population spends numerous hours watching, posting, reading and exploring different events. This is the ideal platform for marketers to increase business’ recognition, traffic, and sales with little to no cost.
90% of experts have claimed that social media generated immense exposure for their company, and that’s only one of its many advantages.
- Increases brand awareness
- Generate more inbound traffic
- Improves search engine rankings
- Helps in communicating with existing as well as potential customers which lead to better customer satisfaction
- Increases conversion rates
Content is the soul of any marketing strategy. It is the most effective, practical and useful digital marketing strategies that your brand can use to reach and engage more quality leads and customers.
The purpose of content marketing is to attract, engage and delight customers in various ways which can be in many forms; like blogs, videos, pictures, audio, ebooks, etc.
- Increases the visibility of your brand.
- Develops lasting relationships with your audience.
- Improves brand awareness and recognition.
- Creates loyalty and trust, with both your current customers and prospects.
It is an effective medium to reach out to your target audience. Its proven that 90 percent of online searches are conducted by people who are at the end of the buying cycle.
It involves implementing an online marketing strategy so that your content (product or services) get visible to a targeted audience in terms of SEO, PPC and other forms of internet marketing such as banner ad campaigns.
It also involves managing your online reputation and a host of other online marketing initiatives.
- It grabs the attention of your audience at the right time
- SEM is easy and quick to implement
- The performance is measurable, allows for precise success tracking and in-depth campaign analysis
- helps raise brand awareness
Email Marketing is the highly effective direct marketing strategy of sending emails to clients for building brand awareness, nurture associations, generate leads, and motivate potential customers as well as existing customers to take action that profit your business.
The term email marketing generally refers to a campaign with thousands of emails which are sent to the targeted recipient to improve relationships with present customers to encourage reliability and continued business.
- Email marketing is cost-effective.
- You can reach more mobile customers with email marketing.
- You can automate the email marketing process.
- Email marketing makes it easy to personalize content for better response rates.
- You can make your email marketing interactive.
- You can quickly and easily measure your email marketing efforts.
Automation is a term used for the platform, or tool that allows companies to streamline, automate, and measure marketing tasks and workflows. The ideal agenda of automation is to increase operational efficiency and grow revenue faster. Such as, it includes email marketing automation to demand generation to revenue attribution.
No wonder, no campaign is ever perfect. Instead of spending hours on creating and send emails responses to each individual, automate your online marketing tasks will give you a more time to focus on marketing strategies rather than administration.
- Reduce your staffing costs. …
- Increased revenue and average deal size. …
- Improve accountability of marketing & sales teams. …
- Be more effective. …
- Less repetition, more creativity.
Web analytics helps businesses make smarter and informed decisions about their web presence. The strategies we follow in digital marketing such as paid advertising, AdWords, social media, etc can be easily studied through analytics.
This data is generally used to improve the user experience, increase the rate at which customers purchase, or drive some other online or offline action.
- Gain a full view of customers across channels. …
- Become more proactive and effective. …
- Personalize your marketing and customer engagements. …
- Sharpen social media strategies. …
- Engage your customers in real-time. …
- Visualize success across the enterprise. …
- Treat data as a strategic asset.
The shift towards mobile is huge in this millennium that will continue further as well. Mobile marketing allows the marketer to reach larger audiences in a personal way.
It unlocks powerful opportunities for marketers and plays a key role in marketing strategies. Therefore, marketers need to ensure that they have a cohesive mobile marketing plan to connect with those digital consumers.
- It is the quickest ways to reach out to customers and prospective buyers.
- Cost effective method
- ROI in mobile marketing is easy to calculate compared to other forms of marketing.
- Instantaneous results – User response can be tracked almost instantaneously.
- Easy to work with
- Convenient to use
- Mobile Marketing has better chances of gaining higher search engine ranks.
Visual marketing is the process of marketing with photos, videos, and other visual elements that attest to the value of your product or brand. It focuses on using unique and relevant images clustered with various elements to pull consumers in. Visual marketing campaigns are more likely to be shared and get clicks than text ads would.
Most marketers know that you can get increased engagement and sharing if you use visuals. This is well understood on Facebook and a range of studies shows that up to 100% more engagement is driven by a visual post over text.
- It generates more website traffic
- It Increases more page visits and engagement
- Visual helps to increase SEO Using keywords and tags
- Reach more people with engaging visual content which increases social media shares.
- Helps to work on Brand awareness
Creativity is recognizing connections in digital marketing that gets appreciated very well by audiences. A great marketer spends a good deal of time thinking about and refining marketing strategies.
Therefore, as a marketer, you should spend more time creating schedules and chasing deadlines for designing images and brainstorming new ideas. Creativity plays a very important role in creating marketing strategies. As a marketer, you should always be looking for new ways and try to experiment in your own ways.
Research lies at the heart of an effective marketing strategy and it should represent the current competition. So there’s great value in knowing how to spy on competitors with digital marketing tools like SEMrush.
These tools help to identify that what keywords are they targeting and what are they ranking for? Another aspect of competitive research involves advertisements that give you a comprehensive look at what online ads a competitor is running, all in one convenient place.
Internal and external communication in the digital marketing realm seems to be a necessary deal for Businesses. In most instances, poor communication is attributed to workflow ramifications. The interesting part about internal and external communication is the fact that most companies tend to overlook these challenges. Therefore, don’t hesitate to pour your heart out and share your creative idea with the team. Communication is the first step to succeed in your journey.
It’s a myth that once you have taken digital marketing training, you will be considered as an expert. Training guidance is important but you need to work on yourself as well. If you want to be part of this industry and maintain your aura as a well-experienced marketer, you need to enhance your skills.
First, try to find out from this post which type of marketing skill you lack and start working on it. On the other hand, we are here to guide as well. So, let us know if you have doubts and want us to cover up for you. It would be a pleasure for us to help you.