Marketer without a Digital Marketing skill is like a Driver without Eyes
- July 14, 2017
- Posted by: Aditi Khinda
- Category: Digital Marketing Career Tips
Marketing has been changing its path over the course of time and businesses are reaping all the benefits out of it. Thanks to the new trends businesses can now have a bigger and lasting impact in the way to interact with customers and promote their brands online as well as offline. The technology has changed the way of marketing. Earlier it has been the traditional way like banners, pamphlets, TV, and radio which used is very costly and time was taken. Though traditional way is still in, however, marketers now don’t believe in comprising just with billboards and brochures, marketing has transformed as people are more tend to spend most of the time on mobiles, tablets, and laptops.
Since 10 years, there has been a tremendous evolution in the era of marketing due to exceptional growth in Digital Marketing and no wonder if one is not on the same path, you’ll be left behind. The scope of the internet is vast and it has brought a significant change in many industries. As the world has inclined more to digitally, marketers have no choice left just to follow the trend and make digitally available campaigns.
Digital Marketing is a set of tools and online marketing strategies that help to promote products or services online through digital mediums while targeting the masses. The dependency on technology has completely altered the playing in the field so companies have to tailor their style and strategies to reach and target the audiences. It has led to rise in the new way of marketing which is easy, accessible, and cost effective and result oriented in its own way.
So why has Digital Marketing become an essential skill to be adorned by Marketers?
- RIP Traditional Marketing: No wonder, traditional marketing is dead. No one is interested and has time to hold pamphlets or watch banners on the road. Customers are more interested in the easy way that they can get through their mobiles or tablets. Though we still consider TV and radio, however, they have fallen a lot. It just because people are moving to online more. Nowadays, even people are more interested in watching TV shows and cricket over mobiles online rather than TV as mobiles and laptops can be accessed from anywhere.
- Customer Service never Sleep: Customer care had no importance before the digital age. For any assistance, they were required to deliver door to door service to manage the customer issues. It used to take much time and effort to be available everywhere. However, with the invention of digital technology, it has become so convenient to stay in touch with the customer and provide 24X7 customer service as per the need which has helped to increase the customer satisfaction. As most of the time customers are quite available on mobiles, social media has become the easy out way to provide all time assistance in best possible way and makes it an unstoppable and sleepless way for companies. People expect you to address the need of their issue every time and digital marketing helps to stay on same in the same league.
- Change in Communication: The way of communication has changed because of digital marketing age. Audience prefers digital channels more than any other way of the medium. Due to this, it’s easier to reach the target audience. Marketers are more focusing on social media platforms to stay in connected with their audience and create a loyal brand value for them.
- Reduced cost: The businesses can develop its online marketing strategy for very little cost and can potentially replace costly advertising channels such as Yellow Pages, television, radio, and magazine.
- Real time results: Marketers don’t have to wait weeks for a boost to your business like you would have to wait for a fax or form to be returned. You can see the numbers of visitors to your site and its subscribers increase, peak trading times, conversion rates and much more at the touch of a button.
- Refinement of your strategy: Basically anything that marketers can capture in customer journey can be reported on and honed for greater success at the fraction of the cost of traditional marketing. Marketing online enables you to refine your strategy at any point in time and see any improvements or opportunities for further refinement almost instantaneously.
- Brand Development: A well-maintained website with quality content targeting the needs and adding value to your target audience can provide significant value and lead generation opportunities. The same can be said for utilizing social media channels and personalized email marketing.
- Greater engagement: With digital marketing marketers can encourage the prospects, clients, and followers to take action, visit the website, read about your products and services, rate them, buy them and provide feedback which is visible to your market. So it doesn’t take long for good publicity to enhance the prospects of your business.
There are many other reasons that make digital marketing to add in to do list and strategize your strategies as per the need. The Digital Marketing has changed everything about the way the companies and market think & act. It has revolutionized the reach of small businesses while demanding more from an already established business. While customers are enjoying the services of this trend, it has also created career opportunities for many as the market need digital marketing professionals to overcome the gap between the market trends and success.