Digital Marketing is the new Fashion to admire
- July 19, 2017
- Posted by: Aditi Khinda
- Category: Business & Digital Marketing Tips
Fashion is something we deal with every day and in the new era of fashion, there are no rules. Similarly, Digital Marketing has become the new fashion trend to follow by all the businesses as well commoners where no rule exists. Digital Marketing has evolved because of the curiosity to achieve something big in the industry by the thousands of businessmen and followed by millions. People who are into marketing and looking for it are well aware of the fact that Digital Marketing has taken over all the fields of businesses and companies.
It has been estimated that more than half of the world population is dependent on the source called the Internet for their daily chores and internet is the only medium to get in touch and win over the hearts of the customers. So basically, the Internet is the new trendy fashion that is accommodated by everyone in this world as it is the only source that makes you connected with everyone in an easy way. The internet acts a very important weapon in any company success and Digital Marketing is considered as the strategy to win. So, an intelligent marketer or businessman understands that having a successful digital marketing strategy through digital devices can make all the difference in order for a business to succeed or fail.
In this post, I would like to tell what is Digital Marketing? Why is it trending in 2017? What makes it an admirable fashion?
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is the combination of tools and strategies that help marketers and entrepreneurs to promote products or services and target the masses over Internet through digital mediums such as smartphones, laptops etc. An Intelligent Digital Marketing is the mix of right marketing strategies through which you can target the right audience for your business and expect the desired result out of it.
Digital marketing provides the platform or plethora of targeting options, from targeting devices to reaching specific people. It helps to learn and execute different types of targeting, the technology used for targeting and how to target more effectively.
Why is it trending?
The launch of Startup India Campaign by our Prime Minister Narendra Modi has brought lots of positive hopes among the entrepreneurs in India. It is a known fact that India has the third largest number of start-ups globally. Prime Minister has kicked off the ambitious Startup India Movement in January 2016 with an aim to fill the gaps in the economy for the growth and development of startups. It will aim to boost digital entrepreneurship at the roots which clearly justify that how Digital Marketing can be used effectively to help position your company as well as the brand in a stronger platform.
With this same belief, our Prime Minister is trying in every way to transform India into digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. He also aims at the inclusive growth in areas of electronic devices, products, manufacturing and job opportunities. This vision clearly delivers the message that the time will come when whole India will be digital empowered and blessed. As if now, there are already more than 465 million internet users all over India. Worldwide it has been reported that by 2019, there will be 3.9 billion global internet users, just over half the world’s population. This evolution is the main reason for the birth of Digital Marketing. As everyone will be internet savvy, marketers and businessmen will have to learn digital marketing.
It is not only benefiting our business industry, this trend is also leading to job securities among the new generation. With such a fanatic change in the market, our generation is coming up with very innovative moves. There is a common saying in the industry, “more businesses or startups, more jobs on the plate.” Today everyone understands the importance of digital world and well aware of the fact that the companies need Digital Marketing trained professionals to overcome the gap between the business and consumers.
Digital Marketing has become the mainstream in many professional courses and students are also interested in learning this skill. This shift in business and market practice is giving rise to many opportunities and even Prime Minister has promised that there will be 18 lakhs digital jobs in the coming next three years which itself gives the crystal clear vision.
- Worldwide Reach: As Digital Marketing solely dependent on the internet and there is the abundance of internet users in the market, any business can create and reach vast masses or audiences with the help of Digital Marketing. With the help of right tool and strategy, it can be easy to target as much population as u want. You can be even specific to any location and gender too.
- Cost Effective and Saves Money: Even marketers and entrepreneurs have accepted the fact that Digital Marketing is more cost effective and result oriented tool than traditional marketing. Initially, you can use online tools at free of cost and later than paid versions to make more money. From small enterprises to big companies, it can be cost saving tool to accomplish targets through different channels.
- Greater Conversion Rates: Digital Marketing Tools help to convert traffic into leads, subscribers or sales depended on the intended purposes of the website. Several tools like Search Engine Optimization, Social Marketing, and E-mail Marketing can be used to run digital campaigns and convert into revenue.
- Full Control: You can have full control on your campaign investments and budgets for marketing. Digital Marketing gives a full control to be a decision maker while investing your penny and leash the control as per your requirements. You can control your investments and campaigns as per your need.
- Social Media: Social Media Platforms can be easily accessible and fruitful with the help digital marketing tools. You can use social media for your business and maintain it as per your need.
What makes it an admirable fashion to follow?
- Video Marketing: It is certainly not new, but the market has changed and video marketing has emerged as the clear winner. Youtube already dominates this field, with a billion users watching hundreds of millions of hours every day. Videos create a lasting impression on viewers than words. It has been estimated that by 2017, as much of 70% of consumer internet traffic will be online video. Videos can be in the form of graphics, pictures, gif, animation and more.
- Social Media Marketing: As generation is reluctantly depended on social media, it has been revealed that 78% of the respondents said that the social media posts by the company influence their purchase decisions. But then these are posts that aren’t random but are strategy driven to meet an objective.
- Mobile Marketing: As mobile has gained more importance in our life, it is the most essential and result oriented platform if you want to target the masses. 62% of the companies that created a website specifically for mobile, mobile-friendly website had increased their sales. Now, with smartphone users checking their devices up to 150 times in a day, the importance of a mobile first website is well understood.
- Content Marketing: A true marketers and businessmen know the importance of content. It has been acknowledged as the “King of the Marketing” by the marketers. 82% of consumers surveyed felt more positive about a brand after they read custom content from that brand. This means that companies will have to produce contextual and informative content. They will also have to distribute it where it will be found by the target audience.
- PPC: Pay Per Click Advertising is the great way to target a particular niche and bring new customers to your brand or website. PPC ads are displayed along with the search results and entice users to click them to find out what they are looking for. It can be a fantastic investment as you only need to pay when someone’s click on your ads.
- Leads to Customer to Action: Digital Marketing consists of great marketing strategies that drive people to take actions in the very short course of time that benefits your business or brand. The best way to convert your visitors into customers is to add CTAs (Call-To-Actions) buttons in your every marketing strategy. It is a button that can be of many forms like Buy button, Sign Up form, Download, etc., as per the business requirement which drives your visitor to do what you want them to do. For better results, use the button of proper action keywords to entice the visitors and colored them appropriately. The color scheme, graphics, and even their right positioning create a psychological effect and meaning to them.
Digital Marketing is vast, assures brand reputation and better return on investment. Digital marketing can be a golden opportunity for anyone who desires to have a presence on the internet, and with all the different types of clients, and wants to make the career in the same. Even those who have a pretty good understanding of internet are probably still going to need help with marketing, because that’s a specialization, one that will always be needed.